Digital TV News: Magine
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MnA, Regulation, Switzerland
Magine relies on Limelight to stream content to users across Europe
Oct 24, 2017 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW) has announced that Magine is using Limelight’s CDN to deliver live and on-demand content to viewers in Europe. The CDN was chosen because of its scalability, reputation, competitive pricing and performance.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Magine, Nigel Burmeister, Klas Ahlin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, OTT
SERAPHIC and Foxxum working together to upgrade TV UI experience
Sep 15, 2017 – At IBC2017, SERAPHIC has teamed up with Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum to demonstrate a new white-label product. 'Foxxum TV' is a unified TV UI solution, based on SERAPHIC’s HTML5 browser engine, which supports both basic and Smart TV features.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Foxxum, Ye Wang, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Sappa launches TV Everywhere on Magine's streaming platform
May 16, 2017 – Sappa has become the first Swedish b2b customer to take advantage of Magine's end-to-end solution as Sappa launches a TV Everywhere service for households on its broadband and TV networks.
News categories: Magine, Sappa, Rahul Puri, Hasse Svensson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Magine clinches streaming deal in China
Aug 5, 2016 – Magine has agreed with a Beijing-based digital TV system integrator and operator to build, launch and operate an Internet-based video streaming system for the Chinese market. In parallel with this, Magine has established an office in Hong Kong.
News categories: Magine, Dr. Ambuj Goyal, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong
Netgem to offer secure multiscreen IPTV/OTT to Germany, Austria and Switzerland with Verimatrix
Jun 7, 2016 – Netgem has announced a collaboration with Verimatrix to launch a TV platform in the DACH Region. The solution is designed to offer the German speaking TV market a leading multiscreen OTT broadcast service.
News categories: Netgem, Verimatrix, Joseph Haddad, Steve Oetegenn, ANGA COM, Austria, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Switzerland
Magine to offer stand-alone pay TV packages in Germany
Feb 18, 2016 – Magine TV has announced that from Thursday 18th February 2016 it is to provide premium pay TV channels in Germany for the first time without any requirement to purchase any other content or service.
News categories: Magine TV, Ambuj Goyal, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Magine TV announces full launch in Germany
Apr 25, 2014 – Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available Magine TV offers an online alternative to traditional free-to-air television.
News categories: Magine TV, Kamal Bherwani, Mattias Hjelmstedt, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
Pay TV operators to dominate market for online subscription TV
Sep 12, 2013 – According to Strategy Analytics, pay TV operators will dominate the market for online subscription TV, heralding the end of the first phase of online viewing which saw the rise of on-demand specialists such as Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Ed Barton, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs