Digital TV News: Magine
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MnA, Regulation, Switzerland
Magine relies on Limelight to stream content to users across Europe
Oct 24, 2017 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW) has announced that Magine is using Limelight’s CDN to deliver live and on-demand content to viewers in Europe. The CDN was chosen because of its scalability, reputation, competitive pricing and performance.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Magine, Nigel Burmeister, Klas Ahlin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, OTT
SERAPHIC and Foxxum working together to upgrade TV UI experience
Sep 15, 2017 – At IBC2017, SERAPHIC has teamed up with Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum to demonstrate a new white-label product. 'Foxxum TV' is a unified TV UI solution, based on SERAPHIC’s HTML5 browser engine, which supports both basic and Smart TV features.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Foxxum, Ye Wang, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Sappa launches TV Everywhere on Magine's streaming platform
May 16, 2017 – Sappa has become the first Swedish b2b customer to take advantage of Magine's end-to-end solution as Sappa launches a TV Everywhere service for households on its broadband and TV networks.
News categories: Magine, Sappa, Rahul Puri, Hasse Svensson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Magine clinches streaming deal in China
Aug 5, 2016 – Magine has agreed with a Beijing-based digital TV system integrator and operator to build, launch and operate an Internet-based video streaming system for the Chinese market. In parallel with this, Magine has established an office in Hong Kong.
News categories: Magine, Dr. Ambuj Goyal, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong
Netgem to offer secure multiscreen IPTV/OTT to Germany, Austria and Switzerland with Verimatrix
Jun 7, 2016 – Netgem has announced a collaboration with Verimatrix to launch a TV platform in the DACH Region. The solution is designed to offer the German speaking TV market a leading multiscreen OTT broadcast service.
News categories: Netgem, Verimatrix, Joseph Haddad, Steve Oetegenn, ANGA COM, Austria, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Switzerland
Magine to offer stand-alone pay TV packages in Germany
Feb 18, 2016 – Magine TV has announced that from Thursday 18th February 2016 it is to provide premium pay TV channels in Germany for the first time without any requirement to purchase any other content or service.
News categories: Magine TV, Ambuj Goyal, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Magine TV announces full launch in Germany
Apr 25, 2014 – Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available Magine TV offers an online alternative to traditional free-to-air television.
News categories: Magine TV, Kamal Bherwani, Mattias Hjelmstedt, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
Pay TV operators to dominate market for online subscription TV
Sep 12, 2013 – According to Strategy Analytics, pay TV operators will dominate the market for online subscription TV, heralding the end of the first phase of online viewing which saw the rise of on-demand specialists such as Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Ed Barton, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation