Digital TV News: Magyar Telekom
ACCESS to show integration with Zenterio OS at IBC
Sep 2, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Zenterio have announced the integration of ACCESS’ TV-centric browser with Zenterio OS. Magyar Telekom and M7 Group, two operators in Europe, have already deployed the solution.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Zenterio, Dr Neale Foster, Robin Rutil, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Hungary adds 12,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Jul 28, 2014 – According to the Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in June 2014, the number of digital pay TV households in Hungary was 2,092,426, up from 1,949,845 in June 2013.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Crnogorski Telekom adds catch-up TV feature
Jul 18, 2014 – Crnogorski Telekom (CT) has announced the addition of catch-up tv to its Extra TV IPTV service. Customers can now view, at any time and at no extra charge, content broadcast over the previous 48 hours.
News categories: Crnogorski Telekom, Content Distribution, IPTV, Montenegro
Magyar Telekom deploys Zenterio OS on two STBs
Mar 19, 2014 – Zenterio has announced that Magyar Telekom has deployed its Zenterio Operating System on two set-top boxes (STBs) that will support both PVR and interactive, multi-room TV services.
News categories: Zenterio, Magyar Telekom, Robin Rutili, Thomas Staneker, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Over 400,000 TV subscribers for Magyar Telekom
Feb 4, 2014 – Magyar Telekom has announced that the number of the subscribers to its IPTV and Interactive Sat TV (satellite) services has exceeded 400 thousand with further growth expected in 2014.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Hungary adds 212,000 digital TV subscribers in 2013
Jan 28, 2014 – According to the latest Flash Report released by Hungary’s Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority, at the end of 2013 the number of digital TV subscribers was 2,048,811, up from 1,836,428 in December 2012.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
Dec 12, 2013 – Magyar Telekom has announced that it has acquired a total of 9 cable networks in Hungary during 2013. The transactions are intended to strengthen Magyar Telekom’s high speed internet coverage and market position.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, János Szabó, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA
Hungary adds 55,000 digital TV subscribers in 2Q 2013
Jul 26, 2013 – According to the latest report from Hungary's Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in June 2013 the number of households with digital television from the country's largest broadcasters was 1,949,845, up from 1,836,428 in December 2012.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Verimatrix to secure Magyar Telekom multiscreen and OTT video initiatives
Jun 5, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Magyar Telekom has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System VCAS™ for Internet TV to provide revenue security for its new over-the-top (OTT) video on demand (VoD) service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Magyar Telekom, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite, TV Everywhere
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos