Digital TV News: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission
Malaysia to convert to digital TV broadcasting in stages
Aug 6, 2019 – Malaysia's transition from analogue to digital TV broadcast will be implemented in stages, the country's Minister of Communications and Multimedia has said. Langkawi is the first location to receive myFreeview digital TV in place of analogue TV transmission.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
Jul 21, 2019 – A pilot digital switchover from analogue to digital terrestrial TV has taken place in Gunung Raya, Langkawi. The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission is conducting the test run and study as part of its Analogue Switch Off (ASO) pilot project.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, myFreeview, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Speedcast provides DTH for Malaysia's digital TV switchover
Nov 22, 2018 – Speedcast (ASX: SDA) has announced that it will play a key role in Malaysia's switch from analogue TV to digital TV through a DTH solution. Speedcast has partnered with MYTV Broadcasting for the project.
News categories: Speedcast, MYTV Broadcasting, Pierre-Jean Beylier, Michael Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Terrestrial
MEASAT-3b successfully launched
Sep 12, 2014 – MEASAT has announced the successful launch of the MEASAT-3b satellite. The satellite lifted-off on an Ariane 5 ECA launch vehicle from European Space Port in Kourou, French Guiana at 6:05am MYT (7:05pm GFT).
News categories: MEASAT, Datuk Umar bin Haji Abu, Content Distribution, Malaysia, Satellite
Astro launches free-to-air satellite TV in Malaysia
Feb 18, 2012 – Astro has announced the launch of Njoi, a subscription-free satellite TV service for Malaysia. Njoi, which comprises an STB, dish, smartcard and remote control, is available for a one-time payment of RM288, plus RM100 for installation.
News categories: Astro, Digital TV, LNB, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Packet One to offer High Speed Broadband services in Malaysia
Oct 13, 2011 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Packet One (P1) are joining forces to accelerate the delivery of High Speed Broadband services to Malaysians. The HSBB service will allow P1 to provide IPTV, VoD and other multimedia services in the future.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Packet One, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV, Malaysia
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan