Digital TV News: Malta Communications Authority
Malta communications market trends for the period January to June 2018
Feb 27, 2019 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review (CMR) outlining the main developments in the first half of 2018. In the pay TV sector, subscriptions were 161,697 at the end of the half, up from 152,371 a year earlier.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
May 24, 2017 – Apax Partners, Fortino Capital and Vodafone have agreed to combine Melita and Vodafone Malta. The transaction combines Vodafone Malta, the country’s leading mobile operator, with Melita, Malta’s leading cable, broadband and pay TV provider.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Caroline Farrugia, Amanda Nelson, Harald Rösch, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MnA
IPTV registers strong growth in Malta
Jan 15, 2016 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has updated its Data Report Sheet to cover a number of market indicators up to the end of the third quarter in 2015. The number of pay TV subscriptions at the end of Q3 2015 was down by 1,039 compared to the end of Q3 2014.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Market Research, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Malta releases TV Consumer Perception Survey
Feb 25, 2014 – Between August and October 2013, the MCA commissioned a survey to gauge consumer sentiment on TV distribution services, in particular their perceptions on the general quality of service and prices.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Digital TV, Malta, Market Research
Malta digital pay TV grows 5.7% in 2011
Jun 21, 2012 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review for December 2011. During the year, DTTV subscriptions increased by 4,221 or nearly 7%, whilst digital cable subscriptions increased by 3,265 or 4.6%..
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Market Research, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos