Digital TV News: Market Intelligence Center
Taiwan Terrestrial STB Shipment to Decline, Says MIC
Mar 11, 2010 – According to research by the Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute (MIC), as many regional markets around the world are due to complete the digital switchover, demand for digital terrestrial STBs is expected to gradually decrease in the future.
News categories: Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute, Market Research, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
High-end HD and PVR Models to Be Growth Drivers for Taiwan's Cable STB Industry in 2H 09
Sep 4, 2009 – According to research from Taipei-based MIC, shipment volume of the Taiwanese digital cable STB (Set Top Box) industry reached 2.37 million units in the second quarter of 2009, up 8.0% year-on-year.
News categories: Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Taiwan
IPTV Sub. Growth Expected to Continue Despite Economic Downturn, Benefiting Taiwan's IP STB Industry
Dec 10, 2008 – According to statistics of the ITIS project shipment volume of the Taiwanese IP Set-top Box industry is expected to reach 1.75 million units in the fourth quarter of 2008 and 1.84 million units in the first quarter of 2009.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Taiwan
ATSC Converter Box Demand in US Drives Growth of Taiwan's Digital Terrestrial STB Industry in 2008
Aug 7, 2008 – According to Taiwan's Market Intelligence Center, owing to ATSC converter box demand in the United States, the Taiwanese digital terrestrial set top box industry's shipment volume is estimated at 1.27 million units in the first half of 2008.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, ATSC, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial, USA
China is Now the Bastion of Global Digital STB Manufacturing
Jun 5, 2008 – China is now the bastion of global digital STB manufacturing with over 200 STB assembly service providers in 2007. Chinese STB IC makers have only a limited market share and most are focusing on domestically developed Chinese standards.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, China, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Worldwide Leading Satellite STB IC Makers' Product Development Strategy
Feb 27, 2008 – As digital satellite TV services have taken off, the satellite TV Set Top Box (STB) has become the mainstream STB type; global shipments of digital satellite TV STBs in 2007 totaled 72.2 million units.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues