Digital TV News: Marlin
Intertrust and Bitmovin forge secure media player partnership
Sep 28, 2017 – Intertrust and Bitmovin have announced a partnership. Together, Intertrust’s cloud-based platforms and Bitmovin’s end-to-end content delivery system, provide customers with a one-stop solution for content protection and monetization.
News categories: Intertrust, Bitmovin, Talal Shamoon, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Tivù premieres the first HbbTV 2.0.1 application: tivùon!
Sep 18, 2017 – Tivù, Samsung and Yotta Media Labs have presented the world’s first HbbTV 2.0.1 application at IBC 2017. The official launch of the tivùon! App in the Italian market will be in Q4 2017 on tivuon! certified Samsung HbbTV devices.
News categories: Tivù, Samsung, Yotta Media Labs, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Italy, OTT, Smart TV
Intelsat 35e launches successfully
Jul 6, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of the Intelsat 35e satellite, the fourth of the Intelsat EpicNG high throughput satellites. Intelsat 35e includes a payload for the DTH services of Canal+ in the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Sofia Digital implements reference video streaming app for HbbTV Association
May 17, 2017 – The HbbTV Association has chosen Sofia Digital to implement a reference application and provide sample content for online streaming of DRM protected video to HbbTV enabled televisions and set-top boxes.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Sofia Digital, Klaus Illgner, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Worldwide
Samsung adds Marlin DRM to HbbTV 2.0 Smart TVs for Italy
Oct 18, 2016 – Intertrust and Samsung have announced a partnership that will expand DRM standardization for digital media. Under the agreement, Samsung will ship Marlin DRM software in its HbbTV 2.0-enabled Smart TVs for users in Italy.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Samsung, Talal G. Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Italy, Smart TV
Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM now Dolby Vision compatible
Sep 9, 2016 – Intertrust has announced that the Intertrust ExpressPlay cloud-based digital rights management (DRM) system is now compatible with Dolby Vision, the HDR imaging format for Ultra HD content.
News categories: Intertrust, Dolby, Kenny Huang, Curt Behlmer, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
ABOX42 to unveil STB with built-in Smart Home Gateway at IBC 2016
Aug 17, 2016 – ABOX42 will unveil at IBC 2016 its Smart STB platform M30 with a built-in Smart Home Gateway, developed for advanced operator projects worldwide. With the new M30 SmartSTB the operator can combine classical TV services with new Smart Home services.
News categories: ABOX42, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Intertrust applauds launch of Tivùon!
Jul 18, 2016 – Intertrust has applauded its partner Tivù for their launch of Tivùon!, Italy’s first open standards-based Internet TV service. Tivùon! provides a unified program guide and catch-up TV services on Internet TV sets and set top boxes.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Talal Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, DRM, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
Intertrust adds NexGuard watermarking to ExpressPlay DRM
Feb 17, 2016 – Intertrust has announced that it has added session-based video watermarking capabilities from Civolution’s NexGuard to its ExpressPlay Digital Rights Management (DRM) service.
News categories: Civolution, Intertrust, 20th Century Fox, Harrie Tholen, Talal G. Shamoon, Hanno Basse, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Watermarking, Worldwide
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service