Digital TV News: Massive Interactive
BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
Nov 21, 2019 – Deltatre has powered the launch of streaming service BritBox. BritBox chose Deltatre as its front-end and design partner, utilising 'AXIS', the company’s targeted UX management platform, to power the front-end of its streaming service.
News categories: Deltatre, BritBox, Ron Downey, Lee Marshall, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK, UX
Massive Interactive to be acquired by Deltatre
Nov 8, 2018 – Massive Interactive (OTCBB:HUGE) has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Deltatre. Deltatre will acquire Massive and its subsidiaries in a cash transaction valued at approximately USD $92 million.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Deltatre, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, UX, Worldwide
DR to use content delivery and UX platform from Massive
Oct 26, 2018 – DR, Denmark’s national public service broadcaster, has selected Massive Interactive to overhaul its OTT streaming service. The OTT service, called DRTV, has been redesigned from the ground up to refresh its core offering for consumers across the country.
News categories: Massive Interactive, DR, Ron Downey, Kristian Waneck, Denmark, Digital TV, OTT, UX
Kaltura Partners with Massive to launch targeted TV solution
Apr 9, 2018 – Massive and Kaltura have announced a partnership that will help video service providers to quickly and seamlessly deliver tailored video experiences based on the attributes, interests, and habits of each individual viewer.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Kaltura, Max Ramsay, Dr. Shay David, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
Massive and Evergent offer MVPDs turnkey OTT via Google Cloud
Apr 6, 2018 – Massive and Evergent, with Google Cloud, have announced a collaboration to create a solution that will enable MVPDs to offer competitive 'a-la-carte' content bundles to their customers.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Evergent, Alex Drosin, Vijay Sajja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, QoE
Paywizard and Massive Interactive use analytics to optimise OTT UI
Aug 31, 2017 – Paywizard has announced a partnership with Massive Interactive. The collaboration will enable operators to use rich data insight and predictive analytics to more effectively target subscribers and tailor the UI at the key ‘Decision Moments’ in the customer journey.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Paywizard, Ron Downey, Bhavesh Vaghela, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Massive Interactive rolls out Deutsche Telekom’s Videoload on Panasonic Smart TVs
Jun 4, 2014 – Massive Interactive (OTCQB: HUGE) has announced that it has rolled out the Deutsche Telekom Videoload service across Panasonic 2014 Smart TVs. Massive was able to deliver this application in under three months from start to finish.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Deutsche Telekom, Panasonic, Gert von Manteuffel, Kieran Bresnan, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Smart TV
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA