Digital TV News: Media Development Authority
Singapore to provide DTV Starter Kits to HDB households without Pay TV
Apr 6, 2018 – The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) will offer a DTV Starter Kit to all Singaporean HDB households which do not subscribe to Pay-TV, to allow them to continue to enjoy local free-to-air TV after analogue switch-off on December 31, 2018.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore moves analogue switch-off to January 1, 2019
Nov 6, 2017 – The cessation of analogue TV broadcasting in Singapore has been shifted from end-2017 to 31 December 2018 to allow more time for households to switch over to DTV. In addition, IMDA is studying enhancements to its DTV Assistance Scheme (DTVAS).
News categories: IMDA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore launches Digital TV Assistance Scheme
Sep 29, 2014 – The Media Development Authority (MDA) of Singapore has launched a Digital TV Assistance Scheme for low-income households. The package includes a free digital TV set-top box, an indoor antenna and installation.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Koh Lin-Net, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore appoints M1 to roll out Digital TV Assistance Scheme
Jul 4, 2014 – Singapore's Media Development Authority (MDA) has appointed M1 to manage the roll-out of its Digital TV Assistance Scheme. Eligible households will receive a free DVB-T2 set-top box, antenna and installation.
News categories: Media Development Authority, M1 Limited, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore's free-to-air TV channels to go fully digital by 2013
Jun 19, 2012 – Singapore's Media Development Authority has announced that Singapore's seven free-to-air (FTA) TV channels will go fully digital by the end of 2013 using the DVB-T2 broadcasting standard.
News categories: Media Development Authority, MediaCorp, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore to launch DVB-T2 trial network in summer 2011
Jun 20, 2011 – MEDIA BROADCAST has been selected by the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) to conduct a DVB-T2 technical trial in the city state.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Media Development Authority, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore gears up for the Future of Media
Jun 15, 2010 – Singapore is gearing up to exploit the opportunities in a rapidly-transforming media landscape with initiatives that include the start of a 3D TV trial across multiple platforms and the award of funding to innovative industry projects.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Cable TV, IPTV, OTT, Singapore, Terrestrial, VR
Singapore plans nationwide 3D trial
Apr 14, 2010 – At MIPTV in Cannes, the Media Development Authority of Singapore revealed that it plans to launch a nationwide 3D television trial this year, possibly in August in time for the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) that Singapore is hosting.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Singapore, Terrestrial, VR
Leading-edge Digital Technologies at BroadcastAsia 2009
Jun 11, 2009 – BroadcastAsia returns to the Singapore Expo on 16 19 June 2009. MediaCorp, Skycom Satellite Systems and Zentek Technology Singapore will demonstrate an open standard, end-to-end MHP-based interactive television system.
News categories: BroadcastAsia, Skycom, Zentek, MediaCorp, ConnecTechAsia, DVB-MHP, DVB-T2, Set Top Box
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey