Digital TV News: Media Development Authority
ASEAN reaches agreement on specifications for Set-top Boxes and Analogue Broadcasting Switch-off
Jun 19, 2008 – The 6th ASEAN Digital Broadcasting (ADB) Meeting in Singapore successfully concluded with officials agreeing on a common set of technical specifications for Standard Definition and High Definition digital set-top-boxes for ASEAN.
News categories: ASEAN, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
MDA seeks public views on how mobile TV should be regulated in Singapore
Nov 21, 2007 – Heralding the next milestone in Singapore's broadcasting landscape, the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) is conducting a public consultation until 4 January 2008 to seek feedback on the Authority's proposed policy and regulatory framework for mobile TV services.
News categories: Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA), Proposed Framework, 5G, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
SingTel to revolutionise home entertainment with the launch of mio TV
Jul 20, 2007 – Singapore Telecommunications Limited, (SingTel) has announced the launch of its much-anticipated pay TV service. Named mio TV, the offering will revolutionise the way Singapore watches TV.
News categories: Singapore Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Singapore
Singapore - TV shows broadcast to cell phones coming soon
Mar 11, 2007 – Cellphone users may soon be able to watch TV on the go, with the Media Development Authority (MDA) planning to issue a licence to broadcast programmes to mobile phones this year. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
SingTel bringing HDTV content to every home in Singapore
Jan 16, 2007 – MDA has issued a nationwide IPTV licence to SingTel's wholly-owned subsidiary SingNet. Mega Media is to supply High Definition (HD) channels for the IPTV service when it is launched commercially later this year.
News categories: SingTel, Digital TV, IPTV, Singapore
MDA launches new licence framework for Singapore IPTV
Jan 15, 2007 – A new two-tier licence framework for Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) rolled out by the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) today aims to further facilitate the growth of IPTV services in Singapore, leading to tangible benefits for the industry and consumers.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Singapore
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV