Digital TV News: Media Development Authority
ASEAN reaches agreement on specifications for Set-top Boxes and Analogue Broadcasting Switch-off
Jun 19, 2008 – The 6th ASEAN Digital Broadcasting (ADB) Meeting in Singapore successfully concluded with officials agreeing on a common set of technical specifications for Standard Definition and High Definition digital set-top-boxes for ASEAN.
News categories: ASEAN, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
MDA seeks public views on how mobile TV should be regulated in Singapore
Nov 21, 2007 – Heralding the next milestone in Singapore's broadcasting landscape, the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) is conducting a public consultation until 4 January 2008 to seek feedback on the Authority's proposed policy and regulatory framework for mobile TV services.
News categories: Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA), Proposed Framework, 5G, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
SingTel to revolutionise home entertainment with the launch of mio TV
Jul 20, 2007 – Singapore Telecommunications Limited, (SingTel) has announced the launch of its much-anticipated pay TV service. Named mio TV, the offering will revolutionise the way Singapore watches TV.
News categories: Singapore Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Singapore
Singapore - TV shows broadcast to cell phones coming soon
Mar 11, 2007 – Cellphone users may soon be able to watch TV on the go, with the Media Development Authority (MDA) planning to issue a licence to broadcast programmes to mobile phones this year. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
SingTel bringing HDTV content to every home in Singapore
Jan 16, 2007 – MDA has issued a nationwide IPTV licence to SingTel's wholly-owned subsidiary SingNet. Mega Media is to supply High Definition (HD) channels for the IPTV service when it is launched commercially later this year.
News categories: SingTel, Digital TV, IPTV, Singapore
MDA launches new licence framework for Singapore IPTV
Jan 15, 2007 – A new two-tier licence framework for Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) rolled out by the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) today aims to further facilitate the growth of IPTV services in Singapore, leading to tangible benefits for the industry and consumers.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Singapore
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019