Digital TV News: MediaTek
MediaTek adds AI enhancements for Smart TV, Displays, Cameras and Speakers
Jan 7, 2019 – MediaTek has launched several AI products for the smart home, including the latest generation of MediaTek's TV AI picture quality (PQ) technology, the MT8175 AI vision platform for smart displays and smart cameras, and the MT8518 AI voice platform for portable smart speakers.
News categories: MediaTek, Jerry Yu, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 13.4% in 2018
Jan 7, 2019 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $476.7 billion in 2018, a 13.4 percent increase from 2017, according to preliminary results by Gartner. Memory strengthened its position as the largest semiconductor category.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MediaTek previews Helio M70 5G baseband chipset
Dec 6, 2018 – At the China Mobile Global Partner Conference, MediaTek's first 5G baseband chipset Helio M70 was unveiled to the domestic market. The Helio M70 is among the industry's first wave of 5G multi-mode integrated baseband chipsets.
News categories: MediaTek, TL Lee, 5G, China, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Worldwide
Nielsen expands Dynamic Ad Insertion pilot with MediaTek and A+E Networks
Nov 29, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) is expanding its U.S. Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) pilot. MediaTek will bring advanced DAI to their Smart TV platform, and A+E Networks is joining CBS to begin replacing advertisements in live linear programming.
News categories: Nielsen, MediaTek, A+E Networks, Kelly Abcarian, Mike Chang, Advertising, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
BBC R&D shows content substitution at IBC with Vewd and Mediatek
Sep 15, 2018 – Together with Vewd and MediaTek, BBC R&D is showcasing the latest HbbTV advancements in content substitution at IBC. Vewd worked to optimize Vewd Core, its HTML5 SDK for smart TVs, as well as the Vewd Core HbbTV module, to support some of the BBC’s most advanced use cases.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, BBC, Frode Hernes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
MediaTek announces chipset for HDR-enabled 4K smart TVs
Jan 9, 2018 – MediaTek has announced the MT5598 chipset for HDR-enabled 4K TVs. The MT5598 can be paired with a range of LCD panels, backlight combinations, licensed or free technologies and localized content standards.
News categories: MediaTek, Evan Su, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek adds support for AI in Smart Home devices
Jan 8, 2018 – MediaTek has announced that it is evolving its home entertainment platform by developing solutions that power artificial intelligence (AI) voice and vision capabilities in an array of smart home devices.
News categories: MediaTek, Jerry Yu, CES2020, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Watermarking
MediaTek releases Ultra HD TV SoC with Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma
Jun 12, 2017 – MediaTek has announced the availability of its MediaTek MT5597 System-on-Chip (SoC), an Ultra HD TV SoC supporting Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG). MT5597 transforms TV viewing experiences with breakthrough brightness, contrast and color.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Joe Chen, John Couling, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues