Digital TV News: Medianet
Medianet chooses Harmonic for UHD football broadcasting in the Maldives
Jun 28, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Medianet, a leading pay-TV operator in the Maldives, has deployed a UHD contribution and video processing solution from Harmonic for broadcasting sports events.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Tony Berthaud, Ahmed Shakeeb, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Belgacom delivers improved digital TV experience
Jun 7, 2011 – Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) has introduced a new technology enabling almost instantaneous channel switching while improving the image quality of its digital TV service. The technology was provided by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and integrated by Nokia Siemens Networks.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Cisco Systems, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV
Harmonic Powers End-to-End HD Digital Network in the Republic of Maldives
Jul 22, 2010 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its digital video processing and delivery solutions have been deployed by CableNET for the first high definition (HD) and near video-on-demand (nVOD) network in the Maldives.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Maldives CableNet, Cable TV, Content Distribution, The Maldives
Numericable Builds True HD 3-D Video-on-Demand Platform With Cisco
May 5, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that France-based cable service provider Numericable is building one of the world's first High-Definition (HD) 3-D video-on-demand (VOD) services based on the Cisco® Content Delivery System platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Numericable, Cable TV, Content Distribution, France, VR
Cisco and Service Providers Aim to Reinvent the TV Experience With Videoscape
Jan 5, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced the release of Cisco Videoscape®, a comprehensive TV platform for service providers that brings together digital TV and online content with social media and communications applications.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Intel Unveils 45nm System-on-Chip for Internet TV
Sep 24, 2009 – Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) has unveiled the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100, the newest System-on-Chip (SoC) in a family of media processors designed to bring Internet content and services to digital TVs, DVD players and advanced set-top boxes.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, DVD, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Cisco Advances the Connected Life at Home at ANGA Cable 2009: Helping Service Providers Become Experience Providers
May 13, 2009 – At ANGA Cable 2009, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is demonstrating new technologies and solutions that help enable Internet Protocol (IP) networks to become the intelligent platform for a new generation of video and rich-media applications and services.
News categories: Cisco Systems, ANGA COM, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Fibre, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
i-CABLE Selects Cisco Set-Top Boxes
Mar 20, 2009 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Hong Kong's i-CABLE Communications is deploying Cisco's highly secure set-top boxes and end-to-end video solution to resolve pirated viewing of its television services.
News categories: Cisco Systems, i-CABLE, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Set Top Box
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020