Digital TV News: Melita
Malta releases TV Consumer Perception Survey
Feb 25, 2014 – Between August and October 2013, the MCA commissioned a survey to gauge consumer sentiment on TV distribution services, in particular their perceptions on the general quality of service and prices.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Digital TV, Malta, Market Research
Netgem Presents Its Vision for The Future of TV at TelcoTV 2010
Oct 27, 2010 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that at TelcoTV 2010 it will be demonstrating its Hybrid IPTV Media Centre and Internet Adaptor that is already in use by SFR, Telstra, Monaco Telecom, Algeria Telecom, and Melita Telecom.
News categories: Netgem, IPTV, Set Top Box
Melita Secures DVB-C Hybrid HD TV Services With Verimatrix
Oct 20, 2010 – Verimatrix has deployed its Verimatrix Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB Hybrid on Melita's cable and IPTV hybrid network. Melita is the first operator to offer high definition (HD) TV to Maltese subscribers over its HFC network.
News categories: Verimatrix, Melita, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Malta, SCTE•ISBE
Melita inaugurates High Definition TV in Malta
May 28, 2010 – Melita has started installations, both in commercial outlets and households, of its new Melita netbox HD which makes HDTV available for the first time ever in Malta and Gozo and allows pausing, rewinding and recording of live television.
News categories: Melita, Digital TV, DVR, Malta, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Terrestrial
Netgem Selected To Power Melita HD and PVR Services in Malta
Mar 22, 2010 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that it has been chosen by Melita, a leading quad play telecom provider in Malta, to provide its Set Top Box (STB) to power the operator's High Definition (HD) and Personal Video Recorder (PVR) services.
News categories: Netgem, Melita, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Malta, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Malta - Melita registers growth in digital TV, telephony
May 8, 2007 – In the first quarter of the year, Melita Cable continued to register growth in the provision of TV services in spite of competition, the company said. More …
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Results, Subscribers
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution