Digital TV News: Microsoft Silverlight
maxdome adds MPEG DASH support using Irdeto Rights
May 14, 2015 – Irdeto has announced that maxdome, the most popular video-on-demand company in Germany and Austria, is using Irdeto Rights to address the challenge of supporting different DRM solutions for web browsers through one of the world’s first deployments combining MPEG DASH and Widevine.
News categories: Irdeto, maxdome, Richard Scott, Austria, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Mobile, OTT
Telefónica and Microsoft to Deploy New Global Video Platform
Nov 15, 2012 – Telefónica (Madrid, NYSE: TEF) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced an agreement to create a new Global Video Platform (GVP) for all video entertainment services across Telefónica's Operating Businesses.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Vivek Dev, Tom Gibbons, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT
Tata Elxsi Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Sep 6, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has licensed the Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) RDK (Reference Design Kit). It will work with MSOs to optimize and enhance software and provide software development, integration and testing services for SoC and OEM vendors.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Discretix Partners with Verimatrix on PlayReady® MultiScreen Content Protection
Sep 5, 2012 – Discretix has confirmed full interoperability between the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and its SecurePlayer™, enabling Verimatrix customers to distribute PlayReady protected streams to a wide range of platforms and devices.
News categories: Discretix, Verimatrix, Content Protection, DRM, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT
U.S. Debut For Amino Next Generation IPTV And Hybrid/OTT Set Top Boxes At TelcoTV 2010
Oct 12, 2010 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) will give a US debut to its next generation IPTV set-top boxes and introduce a new look hybrid/OTT media centre and user interface at TelcoTV 2010 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Verimatrix Announces Support of Microsoft PlayReady DRM for VCAS 3.0 MultiRights Solution
Sep 13, 2010 – Verimatrix has announced that it has licensed Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) PlayReady Server technology in order to provide integrated MultiRights™ support for devices that support Microsoft PlayReady digital rights management (DRM).
News categories: Verimatrix, PlayReady, Content Protection, DRM, IBCShowcase, OTT
Experience the true potential of OTT at IBC with Amino
Aug 27, 2010 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO.L) will invite visitors to IBC 2010 (stand 5.B40) to experience the true potential of OTT entertainment. The company will showcase its Intel®- powered Amino Freedom DVB-T hybrid/OTT media centre.
News categories: Amino, DVR, IBCShowcase, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Worldwide Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Box Market Will Reach US$ 1.3 Billion by 2014
Aug 10, 2010 – Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes will bring a new set of Internet services to TV sets. The value of Hybrid Set Top Boxes that are immediately put into use will reach US$ 1.3 Billion worldwide by 2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
NVIDIA Demonstrates Streaming 3D Video Using Microsoft Silverlight
May 31, 2010 – NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) has demonstrated 3D video streamed live over the Internet using an NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ PC, Microsoft Silverlight and IIS Smooth Streaming technology, at a press conference at Computex, Taipei.
News categories: NVIDIA, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, VR
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system