Digital TV News: Miniweb
woomi Incorporates blinkx Video Content in OTT Offering
Feb 15, 2011 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Miniweb Technologies to give audiences worldwide access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video through Miniweb's 'woomi' connected TV service.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, woomi, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
blinkx Introduces TV API, Opens Online Video Index to Technology Partners
Feb 2, 2011 – blinkx has announced the launch of a TV API designed to provide partners in the Connected TV ecosystem - from box makers and TV manufacturers, to app developers and game consoles - access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video.
News categories: blinkx, Digital TV, Games Console, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Syabas and Miniweb Deliver Connected TV Functionality to Popbox Devices
Jan 9, 2011 – Syabas has announced the integration of Miniweb's connected TV platform into Syabas's new generation of Popbox and Popcorn Hour set top boxes (STB). The integration adds internet video search and personalization features to the STBs.
News categories: Syabas, Miniweb, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Miniweb Announces Multi-Territory Agreement With China's DTM
Jan 5, 2011 – Miniweb and Digital Telemedia have partnered to offer customers a variety of new connected TV content sources and services. The offering is based on Miniweb's woomi Connected TV Services Platform and DTM's range of HD DiON Set Top Boxes.
News categories: Miniweb, Digital Telemedia, CES2021, Set Top Box
Eurosat selects Miniweb to provide enhanced Connected TV Services
Mar 24, 2010 – Eurosat together with Miniweb have announced the integration of Miniweb's Connected TV Services Platform into a new range of HD Freeview set top boxes. An initial UK launch is planned for later this year.
News categories: Miniweb, Eurosat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Vestel to Integrate Miniweb for Advanced Connected TV services
Mar 21, 2010 – Vestel and Miniweb have announced a strategic partnership for the deployment of Miniweb's broadband content guide and services platform across a range of Vestel's connected TV devices.
News categories: Miniweb, Vestel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Miniweb, Metrological and Intel Collaborate to Provide Converged TV & Internet Video Experience
Aug 3, 2009 – Miniweb and Metrological Media Innovations have announced that the companies have collaborated to provide Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) CE 3100 powered devices with converged internet and broadcast video services for a high-quality TV experience.
News categories: Miniweb, Metrological, Intel, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Opportunities for Internet Video on the TV
May 13, 2009 – An IMS Research study reveals that an estimated 65 million households worldwide had the capability of viewing Internet video on their television set at the end of 2008. This represents growth of 134% over year end 2007.
News categories: IMS Research, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Miniweb to integrate blinkx's video search engine
May 12, 2009 – blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced an integration agreement with Miniweb. Under the deal Miniweb will use blinkx's software for video search, syndication, recommendations, targeting and personalization as part of its online services platform.
News categories: blinkx, Miniweb, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi