Digital TV News: MoCA
New security layer for MoCA home networking
Apr 30, 2019 – Addressing the requests for stronger secured links between networked devices, MoCA has developed MoCASec, a security layer for MoCA links, available for its entire portfolio of specifications. MoCASec enhances network configurations where peer to peer privacy is required.
News categories: MoCA, Wi-Fi Alliance, Charles Cerino, Kevin Robinson, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
Waverly Utilities selects Amino MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and OS software
Mar 12, 2019 – Amino Technologies (LSE AIM: AMO) has been selected by US telecommunications provider Waverly Utilities to supply MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and Amino OS software that will allow the operator to boost efficiency and deliver an enhanced pay-TV video experience.
News categories: Amino, Waverly Utilities, Donald McGarva, Jeff Magsamen, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
ARRIS introduces TiVo-based STBs in support of the NCTC VU-IT! Program
Jul 24, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced the availability of three STBs, based on the TiVo user experience, that support the NCTC VU-IT! Program. The NCTC VU-IT! Program is focused on enabling independent operators to deliver integrated OTT services alongside standard cable programming.
News categories: ARRIS International, TiVo, NCTC, Larry Robinson, Michael Hawkey, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
ViXS reports first quarter fiscal 2018 results
Jun 7, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported results for the period ending April 30, 2017. Revenues for the quarter totaled $4.8 million, down from $7.7 million in the previous quarter, primarily due to the sale of the company's legacy MoCA product line.
News categories: ViXS, Results, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MoCA enters broadband access market
Jun 8, 2016 – MoCA is developing a specification targeting multiple dwelling units (MDUs) called MoCA Access. The specification will be based on the current MoCA 2.0 standard which is capable of 1 Gbps net throughputs.
News categories: MoCA, Charles Cerino, ANGA COM, Broadband, Content Distribution, Fibre, Smart Home, Worldwide
MCTV selects Amino TV devices and service assurance platform
May 31, 2016 – Amino Communications has secured a contract to provide TV devices and its Engage service assurance software to Ohio-based North American service provider MCTV.
News categories: Amino Communications, MCTV, Donald McGarva, Bob Gessner, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
DISH makes Hopper 3 available across the USA
Feb 1, 2016 – DISH Network has announced the availability of its Hopper 3 to customers across the USA. The third-generation of DISH’s whole-home DVR system, Hopper 3 features 16 tuners, delivers an enhanced 4K experience and supports up to seven TVs simultaneously.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DISH unveils Hopper 3 and HopperGO
Jan 5, 2016 – DISH Network has unveiled Hopper 3 and HopperGO. Hopper 3 features 16 tuners, 4K content options and integration of Netflix into its search results. The HopperGO wireless flash drive stores up to 100 hours of recorded content for offline viewing on smartphones and tablets.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Broadcom adds 10-bit HEVC to mid-range cable and IP STB SoCs
Sep 11, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has introduced the next generation of its mid-range cable and IPTV set-top box SoCs. The upgraded chips now integrate HEVC, allowing operators to gain bandwidth cost savings as they migrate to cloud based video delivery.
News categories: Broadcom, John H. Gleiter, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5