Digital TV News: Motorola
Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
Apr 17, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, global smartphone shipments will reach a modest 5 million units in 2019. Early 5G smartphone models will be expensive and available in limited volumes. Samsung, LG and Huawei will be the early 5G smartphone leaders this year, followed by Apple next year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Ken Hyers, Ville Petteri-Ukonaho, Neil Mawston, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
Zodiac partners with MediaKind
Sep 13, 2018 – Zodiac has announced that it has partnered with MediaKind. Zodiac’s software platform enables MediaKind’s MediaFirst TV user experience (UX) to run on any digital set-top box, new or old, via a software update only and with no need for a truckroll.
News categories: Zodiac, MediaKind, Rich Neill, Gowton Achaibar, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Irdeto to protect video in PlayKids app
Mar 3, 2016 – Irdeto has announced Movile, a developer of mobile content and commerce platforms in Latin America, has selected Irdeto Rights to manage the multi-DRM support and content protection of its PlayKids platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Movile, Alexandra Larsson, Eduardo Henrique, Apps, Content Protection, DRM, Latin America
Amazon intros 4K Ultra HD Fire TV STB and Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
Sep 17, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced the next generation of Fire TV -- the Amazon Fire TV with support for 4K Ultra HD, and the Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote. Amazon Fire TV is half the price of any other 4K Ultra HD streaming media player.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
SmartLabs upgrades IPTV service at Georgia's Caucasus Online
Jan 27, 2015 – SmartLabs has announced the implementation of its interactive TV solution at Caucasus Online and the migration of the existing subscriber base to an upgraded TV service. Caucasus Online is Georgia’s leading broadband provider.
News categories: SmartLabs, Caucasus Online, Mikhail Grachev, Nikolai Tchiaureli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Worldwide CE market forecast to grow 4.5% this year
Dec 18, 2014 – Futuresource Consulting has published its annual global overview of the consumer electronics industry. According to the company, 2014 has been a difficult ride for many segments of the market, but overall there has been growth.
News categories: Futuresource, Market Research, Worldwide
Amazon introduces its Fire TV Stick
Oct 27, 2014 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced its Fire TV Stick, a small stick that connects to the HDMI port of an HDTV for instant access to movies, TV shows, music, photos, apps, and games. Fire TV Stick is $39 and is available for pre-order.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Three River selects Entone Hybrid CATV solution
Jul 29, 2014 – Entone has announced that Three River Telco has selected its Hybrid CATV solution to power their Pay TV service. Three River offers voice, video, and broadband services in Northern Nebraska over their HFC network.
News categories: Entone, Three River, Neil Classen, Bill Hughes, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. Energy Dept., Pay TV industry and energy efficiency groups announce STB energy conservation agreement
Dec 23, 2013 – The U.S. Energy Department, NRDC, ACEEE, ASAP, CEA and the NCTA have announced non-regulatory energy efficiency standards for pay-TV set-top boxes that will result in energy savings for more than 90 million U.S. homes.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Energy Department, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos