Digital TV News: Movies Anywhere
Movies Anywhere now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Jun 23, 2020 – VIZIO has added the MOVIES ANYWHERE app to its SmartCast TV platform. MOVIES ANYWHERE offers a way for users to access movies purchased across platforms and digital retailer accounts, all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Movies Anywhere, Mike O'Donnel, Karin Gilford, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
Mar 21, 2019 – Comcast has announced the launch of Xfinity Flex. Available to Xfinity Internet customers, the service consists of a 4K HDR streaming TV device with voice remote, packaged with Comcast’s home WiFi, mobile, security, and automation services.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Connected TV and streaming player adoption spurring digital video purchases and rentals
Oct 30, 2018 – According to The NPD Group, as of August 2018, 61 million households in the U.S. had at least one internet-connected TV, video game console, Blu-ray Disc player or streaming media player. As a result more consumers are choosing to rent and purchase digital movies.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Ricardo Solar, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Charter to offer Apple TV 4K to Spectrum cable customers
Jun 4, 2018 – Apple has announced that Charter Communications will begin offering Apple TV 4K to its customers. Customers will have access to live channels and on-demand programs via a Spectrum TV app on their Apple TV 4K, iPhone and iPad.
News categories: Apple, Charter Communications, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
US SVoD culture continues to strengthen
Feb 20, 2018 – The overall US video and Pay-TV market continues its healthy overall growth and is set to reach $140 billion by the end of 2018, according to Futuresource Consulting. This is despite the continuously evolving and challenging landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Disney Movies Anywhere adds Fios by Verizon to its digital footprint
Aug 23, 2016 – Disney Movies Anywhere has announced that Fios by Verizon customers in the U.S. can connect their digital movie collections across the Disney Movies Anywhere ecosystem and watch them from the living room or a wide array of mobile devices.
News categories: Disney, Verizon, Dan Cohen, Tricia Lynch, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, USA
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, OTT
Malaysia's Astro launches 'Astro On-The-Go' for iPad
May 30, 2012 – Astro On-The-Go is initially available to Astro customers as a free preview on the iPad. The commercial roll out starts on 1 September 2012. During this phase, Astro On-The-Go will be extended to Android devices.
News categories: Astro, Malaysia, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K