Digital TV News: Mtel
m:tel takes 100% control of Telrad Net
Feb 15, 2019 – Following a strategic plan that includes the acquisition of cable operators, Mtel has become the 100% owner of Telrad Net. Telrad Net is a telecommunications companyy in Bosnia and Herzegovina with services that include cable TV.
News categories: m:tel, Telrad Net, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA
Magyar Telekom converts analogue cable customers to DVB-C
Jan 29, 2016 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) is to move its analogue cable TV service to digital in several regions including Budapest and Marcali. The company will provide converter boxes free of charge where required.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Set Top Box
Bulgaria's Mtel launches satellite TV
Sep 25, 2014 – Bulgaria's Mtel has launched direct-to-home satellite television broadcasting. The telco is offering up to 150 TV channels with more than 20 in HD. There are three different subscription packages with HD channels available in all packages.
News categories: Mtel, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
ZTE Delivers New IPTV Experience to Mtel Customers in Bulgaria
Mar 4, 2013 – ZTE (Hong Kong:0763.HK Shenzhen: 000063.SZ) has announced that it is providing its IPTV solution to Mobitel (Mtel). Mtel's IPTV platform is now in commercial use delivering television services to TVs, PCs, tablets and mobile phones across Bulgaria.
News categories: ZTE, Mobitel, Telekom Austria, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
250,000 interactive TV subscribers for Magyar Telekom
Apr 3, 2012 – Following a dramatic increase in the past period, the number of T-Home Hungary (Reuters: MTEL.BU and Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) customers subscribing to interactive TV services has exceeded 250 thousand.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Interware launches triple-play in Hungary
Sep 18, 2009 – Hungary's alternative telecommunications company Interware has begun to offer packages of digital television, broadband and telephony. The service is provided over ADSL and consists of up to 80 TV channels - including five in high-definition (HD).
News categories: Interware, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV
Magyar Telekom cable subscribers down 7k, satellite up 41k and IPTV up 7k in 2Q09
Aug 6, 2009 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE: MTA, BSE: MTEL, MTELEKOM HB) has reported results for the first half of 2009. The total number of TV customers was close to 546,000 by the end of June with growth mostly driven by the newly launched satellite TV service.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, T-Home, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Magyar Telekom Sat TV reaches 47k subs; IPTV at 60k
May 7, 2009 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE: MTA)(Budapest: MTELEKOM) has reported results for the first quarter of 2009. In Hungary, T-Home Sat TV customers reached 47,144 at March 31, 2009. IPTV grew significantly in Hungary, Macedonia and Montenegro.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Magyar Telekom announces 2008 full year results
Feb 24, 2009 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE: MTA)(Budapest: MTELEKOM) has reported its results for 2008. Demand for the new satellite TV product was very strong, the number of customers reached 5,000 by the end of the year with additional 13,000 orders received.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Hungary, IPTV, Montenegro, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019