Digital TV News: Multimedia over Coax Alliance
Waverly Utilities selects Amino MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and OS software
Mar 12, 2019 – Amino Technologies (LSE AIM: AMO) has been selected by US telecommunications provider Waverly Utilities to supply MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and Amino OS software that will allow the operator to boost efficiency and deliver an enhanced pay-TV video experience.
News categories: Amino, Waverly Utilities, Donald McGarva, Jeff Magsamen, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
RDK now powers 25 million STBs and broadband gateways
May 17, 2017 – At the 2017 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided an update on the adoption of RDK (Reference Design Kit) software. RDK now powers more than 25 million set-top boxes and broadband gateways globally.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
More than 15 million devices now running RDK
May 16, 2016 – At the 2016 INTX, RDK Management provided an update about the continued global adoption of the RDK software solution, a pre-integrated software bundle that provides a common framework for powering customer-premises equipment for TV and Internet service providers.
News categories: RDK Management, Liberty Global, Intel, Steve Heeb, Bill Warga, Keith Wehmeyer, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShowcase, Market Research, RDK, USA
Entropic MoCA 1.1 designed into Coship Gateways and Adapters for China
Mar 25, 2015 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its MoCA 1.1 solution has been selected by Coship to serve the China home networking market. The solution has been designed into Coship's G1200 gateway and MC1000W MoCA to Wi-Fi extender.
News categories: Entropic, Coship, Al Servati, Zero Wang, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Broadcom adds two Ultra HD SoCs with MoCA 2.0
Mar 2, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced two new Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) system-on-chip (SoC) devices that integrate the advanced Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) 2.0 standard for cable home networking.
News categories: Broadcom, John H. Gleiter, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Entropic reports first quarter 2014 results
May 1, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2014. Entropic reported first quarter net revenues of $55.7 million. This compares to $74.5 million in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic announces IP-client SoC with HEVC and MoCA 2.0
Apr 29, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the availability of its EN7305, a set-top box SoC for IP-client devices. The EN7305 integrates 1080p60 HEVC decoding, MoCA 2.0, broadcast security and 3D graphics acceleration.
News categories: Entropic, Matt Rhodes, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Entropic unveils lineup of fully-integrated set-top box solutions
Jan 7, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced its first fully-integrated set-top box SoC family, the EN7300-series, which integrates HEVC decoding, MoCA 2.0 home networking, dual DVB-S/S2 demodulators with full-band capture, and 3D graphics acceleration.
News categories: Entropic, Daniel Simmons, Patrick Henry, Matt Rhodes, CES2021, Digital TV, DVB-S2, ICs, IPTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics outlines product portfolio for US cable
Jan 3, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced its product offering for the US cable market including all of the ingredients required from broadband access to Ultra HD multi-screen video processing and home connectivity.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024