Digital TV News: MyBox
Amazon and partners announce Voice Interoperability Initiative
Sep 24, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and leading technology companies have announced the Voice Interoperability Initiative, a program to ensure voice-enabled products provide customers with choice and flexibility through multiple, interoperable voice services.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
MYBOX taps Verimatrix for DVB cardless security
Jun 25, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that MYBOX has integrated its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB into its newest line of digital set-top boxes (STBs). The solution packages locally-manufactured STB hardware with advanced conditional access.
News categories: Verimatrix, MYBOX, Steve Oetegenn, Amit Kharabhanda, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics SoCs deployed by MyBox in Airtel Digital TV STB
Jan 21, 2016 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is celebrating the successful field deployment of satellite set-top boxes (STB) from MyBox – A Hero Electronix Venture for India’s Airtel Digital TV. MyBox’s Digital HD STBs are powered by ST’s STiH237 satellite SoC.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MyBox, Vivek Sharma, Amit Kharabanda, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
South Asia STB shipments see phenomenal rise
Nov 4, 2015 – With the pay-TV industry in all major SAARC countries moving toward digitization, set-top boxes of all kinds from SD to HDTV and hybrid boxes are witnessing steady and robust growth, according to new research from Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
STB shipments to South Asian countries rise 20% in Q2 2015
Jul 30, 2015 – The set-top box (STB) market in major South Asian countries (Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) is witnessing steady and robust growth, as digitisation in India and other countries in the region is propelling the demand for STBs, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja Vn, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Airtel Digital TV launches 'Made in India' set-top-boxes
Jul 16, 2015 – Airtel Digital TV has announced the launch of its first indigenously manufactured set-top-boxes. The Made in India set-top-boxes will be available in HD to begin with and soon all Airtel Digital TV’s set-top-boxes will be manufactured in India.
News categories: Airtel, Shashi Arora, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
India's set-top box market CAGR to be 29.3% to 2015
Feb 24, 2014 – The introduction of HD channels and Smart TVs in India has led to an increase in digital TV viewing which in turn will hike the growth of the Set top box (STB) market according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Niju V, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more