Digital TV News: MyTV Super
TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
Jun 14, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Television Broadcast Limited (TVB) has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding for its myTV SUPER OTT platform in Hong Kong. EyeQ encoding optimizes bandwidth for OTT services.
News categories: Harmonic, TVB, Tony Berthaud, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
Edgeware to acquire subtitling supplier Cavena Image Products
Jan 11, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that it is to acquire Swedish subtitling expert Cavena Image Products AB. The deal broadens Edgeware’s offering to broadcasters and content owners by adding subtitling automation to its origin solution.
News categories: Edgeware, Cavena, Karl Thedéen, Henrik Moberg, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, Sweden, Worldwide
Hong Kong's MyTV Super extends Verimatrix deployment to its OTT service
Sep 14, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that MyTV Super has extended its deployment of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Internet TV to provide over-the-top (OTT) video security for its myTV SUPER video service launched in 2016.
News categories: Verimatrix, MyTV Super, Steve Oetegenn, Rex Ching, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IBC2019, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box
TVB.COM simplifies Video On-Demand with NetApp
Mar 7, 2017 – NetApp has announced that TVB.COM has chosen NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) FAS storage for its origin server. TVB.COM has also implemented NetApp ONTAP, which enables it to easily upgrade software and add storage nodes, without impacting the always-on television service.
News categories: TVB.COM, NetApp, Rex Ching, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, OTT
HKBN to acquire 450,000 additional STBs from TVB
Nov 7, 2016 – In order to fulfil customer demand, HKBN has decided to acquire 450,000 additional set-top boxes from TVB, raising the company's aggregate target to 850,000, the number of myTV SUPER boxes it expects will enter HKBN customer homes by end of 2019.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, William Yeung, Mark Lee, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT, Set Top Box
100,000 subscriptions for Hong Kong's myTV SUPER OTT service
Jun 29, 2016 – HKBN and TVB have announced that they have garnered over 100,000 subscriptions to their myTV SUPER OTT service since its launch in April 2016. MyTV SUPER delivers over 19,000 hours of TVB self-produced and acquired programmes.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers
Hong Kong Broadband to bundle TVB's OTT TV
Feb 17, 2016 – Hong Kong Broadband (HKBN) has announced that it has signed an MOU with TVB to introduce bundled services which combine its high-speed home broadband with TVB’s soon-to-be launched OTT content service, myTV SUPER.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, William Yeung, Cheong Shin Keong, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019