Digital TV News: NAB Show
BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
Oct 21, 2020 – BitRouter has added features such as auto software updates, ability to hide unwanted channels and additive channel scan to its ATSC3pro receiver. Plus, the grid guide UI has been enhanced with new info bar visualizations.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Middleware, USA
NAB Show reveals plans for NAB Show Express
Apr 13, 2020 – NAB Show Express will take place May 13–14, 2020. The platform is free and offers three educational channels, on-demand content and a Solutions Marketplace featuring exhibitor product information, announcements and demos.
News categories: NAB Show, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Vewd wins Emmy for work on HTML5 for TV
Jan 30, 2020 – Vewd has announced that the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) has granted Vewd a Technology & Engineering Emmy Award for its pioneering work on HTML5 for the presentation of online content on the TV screen.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Edge Networks selects ENENSYS TestTree for ATSC 3.0 testing
Dec 12, 2019 – ENENSYS has announced that Edge Networks has selected TestTree’s ReFeree 3 to test their NEXTGEN TV/ATSC 3.0 distribution. Edge Networks received approval from the FCC on July 18, 2019 to launch two ATSC 3.0 stations in the Boise, Idaho market.
News categories: TestTree, Edge Networks, Jean-Pierre Thomas, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, USA
Argentina's SYT launches multi-tenant OTT TV platform with mediaClass
Nov 22, 2019 – Servicios y Telecomunicaciones (SYT) has chosen the mediaClass OTT TV Everywhere solution as the core of its Rocstar TV Everywhere platform. Customised mediaClass software is integrated into servers at SYT’s headquarters in Buenos Aires.
News categories: mediaClass, Servicios y Telecomunicaciones, Manelli Hosseini, Ariel Graizer, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
Oct 14, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market partners and Pearl TV have announced a second transmission facility for NEXTGEN TV in Phoenix that will power a Single Frequency Network (SFN) once licenses are approved by the FCC and the facilities are on-air.
News categories: Pearl TV, Scripps, Dave Folsom, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA, UX
Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
Oct 9, 2019 – The Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance (IDEA) has released the first draft of royalty-free specifications for the Immersive Technology Media Format (ITMF). ITMF is a display-agnostic interchange format for conveying high-quality and complex image scenes to a wide variety of immersive displays.
News categories: Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance, Pete Ludé, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
MediaKind launches technology alliance at IBC 2019
Sep 12, 2019 – At IBC2019, MediaKind is launching the MediaKind Universe Alliance - a partnership program which gives content providers, service providers, and operators access to solutions that combine technologies and services from MediaKind with partners in Cloud and other offerings.
News categories: MediaKind, Raul Aldrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
ONE Media 3.0 and Saankhya Labs to develop 5G broadcast offload platform
Jul 24, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI) and Saankhya Labs have partnered to accelerate the development of a 5G Next Generation Broadcast Offload platform. The platform will enable 4G and 5G wireless operators to offload OTT and live content dynamically on to broadcast DTT networks.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, ONE Media, Parag Naik, Mark Aitken, 5G, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, USA
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system