Digital TV News: NDS Group
Conditional access market set to decline
Aug 19, 2014 – The global market for conditional access (CA) technology used in set-top boxes (STBs) is set to contract as pay-TV services reach saturation, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS). Worldwide market revenue for pay-TV STB CA technology will decline to $1.9 billion in 2018.
News categories: IHS Technology, Wajahat Abbassi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
Jul 22, 2014 – Pay TV Operator spending on middleware, conditional access, DRM and other elements of pay TV software contracted 5% in North America and Western Europe during 2013, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
Telenet shows preview of Horizon-based Yelo TV
Oct 17, 2012 – Belgium's Telenet has presented 'Yelo TV' in a sneak preview. With Yelo TV, Telenet unites digital TV with the Yelo application. The customer can then watch his favourite content on any screen in the house using a single service.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Liberty Global Deploys Horizon Platform with Enabling Technologies From NDS
Sep 8, 2012 – NDS (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced the deployment of its solutions as part of the Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) Horizon platform, initially deployed by Liberty Global's cable operation UPC in the Netherlands.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Netherlands
Accedo and NDS Partner To Deliver End-to-End Solution for STB Apps
Sep 7, 2012 – Accedo and NDS (NASDAQ: CSCO) have announced a partnership to enable set-top-box apps and widgets. The combined solution will enable pay-TV operators to launch their own app store, manage application lifecycle, contextualise content, and monetize apps.
News categories: Accedo, NDS Group, Apps, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box
CANAL DIGITAL and KAONMEDIA unveil Home Gateway at IBC 2012
Sep 7, 2012 – CANAL DIGITAL and KAONMEDIA have announced that CANAL DIGITAL is to launch its next generation TV platform based on KAONMEDIA's Home-Gateway. The new hybrid service will enable CANAL DIGITAL subscribers to access content inside and outside the home.
News categories: KAONMEDIA, Canal Digital, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Gateway, IBC2019, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Canal Digital to launch next generation TV platform as a hosted managed service from NDS
Aug 9, 2012 – NDS (NASDAQ: CSCO) and Canal Digital have announced that they are collaborating to launch a next-generation TV platform as a hosted, managed service. The new platform will allow Canal Digital subscribers to access content whether in the home or on the go.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Canal Digital, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Gateway, Middleware, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Cisco-NDS and Google-Motorola Acquisitions Upend TV Middleware Market
Jul 10, 2012 – The TV middleware market, long led by Nagra and NDS worldwide and Motorola and Cisco in North America, is in a state of upheaval as Cisco's bid for NDS waits to close while Google has yet to give a clear direction for its Motorola business unit.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
HISPASAT makes first transmissions of second generation 3DTV
Jul 4, 2012 – HISPASAT has made the world's first demonstration of the JEDI television channel in 3D compatible with the MVC (Multiview Video Coding) format. With this format it's possible to transmit the same content in HD and 3D Full HD on the same signal.
News categories: HISPASAT, JEDI consortium, Digital TV, Satellite, VR
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019