Digital TV News: NENT Group
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MnA, Satellite
Nordic video markets riding high
May 21, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, not only are consumers in the Nordic region subscribing to multiple SVoD services, but they are also driving a return to growth for the transactional video market.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost about 2,065,000 subscribers in 1Q 2020
May 14, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 2,065,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2020, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 1,025,000 subscribers in 1Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Blick TV launches in Switzerland powered by Brightcove
May 5, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Swiss digital TV channel, Blick TV, is running on Brightcove Live and Video Cloud. The newly launched service offers viewers both live and VOD viewing online, as well as in the Blick app for mobile devices.
News categories: Brightcove, Blick TV, Justin Barrett, Thomas Spiegel, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Switzerland
EU approves Canal Digital-Viasat Consumer joint venture
Apr 30, 2020 – The European Commission has approved the combination of Canal Digital, Telenor Group’s satellite pay-TV business, with Viasat Consumer, Nordic Entertainment Group’s satellite pay-TV and broadband-TV business.
News categories: Telenor, NENT Group, Jørgen C. Arentz Rostrup, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Norway, Regulation, Satellite, Sweden
NAGRA launches forensic watermarking to protect short content assets
Apr 22, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of NexGuard ClipMark, the industry’s only forensic watermarking technology designed to detect the source of pre-release content leaks on very short video clips, down to thirty seconds.
News categories: NAGRA, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Comcast enables Peacock preview for Xfinity X1 and Flex customers
Apr 14, 2020 – Comcast has launched an early preview of the premium tier of Peacock, NBCUniversal’s ad-supported subscription streaming service due to launch on July 15, at no additional cost for Xfinity X1 and Flex customers.
News categories: Comcast, Dana Strong, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
Apr 1, 2020 – Deltatre has launched its mtribes, a SaaS-based tool that enables media operators running a multi-platform digital or OTT service to identify user groups and their behaviors, create personalized user experiences, and measure the results.
News categories: Deltatre, Ron Downey, Giampiero Rinaudo, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
Mar 31, 2020 – VideoAmp has launched the most comprehensive and accurate commingled dataset in the US, boasting 26M households and 37M devices. VideoAmp has partnered with two of the largest Smart TV OEMs and 38 MVPDs for its viewership data.
News categories: VideoAmp, Randy Laughlin, Michael Parkes, Jonathan Steuer, Maggie Zhang, Andrea Palmer, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead