Digital TV News: NET
Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
Jul 9, 2020 – Zixi has announced the integration of Zixi into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform, allowing content contributors and distributors to scale their video transport to hundreds of outlets around the world.
News categories: Zixi, Harmonic, John Wastcoat, Shahar Bar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
Jul 9, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Flynet, an ISP in El Salvador, is using its multi-DRM for content protection. Using the solution, Flynet can securely deliver live OTT channels to subscribers on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Flynet, Carlos Ramos, Alexander Gomez, Digital TV, DRM, El Salvador, OTT
SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
Jul 9, 2020 – NetRange and SonyLIV have announced that Indian users of the NetRange Smart TV App Store can now access the SonyLIV app on their Smart TVs, enabling SonyLIV to expand its consumer base in India.
News categories: NetRange, SonyLIV, Tim Schröder, Apps, India, OTT, Smart TV, UX
Sky Q adds smart new features
Jul 8, 2020 – Sky is adding new features to its Sky Q set-top box. An expanded view UI, simple new show and sports centres, intuitive smart buttons and improved voice discovery will make it easier to browse, find and watch TV.
News categories: Sky, Fraser Stirling, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
Jul 7, 2020 – Netgem has acquired the assets of Comcable, a French fibre network operator. Netgem’s local subsidiary will manage the 3,500 subscribers taken over, and will provide them with its TV streaming service and 4K Box.
News categories: Netgem, Comcable, Mathias Hautefort, Philippe Le Gall, Digital TV, Fibre, France, MnA
SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
Jul 7, 2020 – Nordija has delivered an end-to-end IPTV solution to Aruban operator SETAR. The upgraded TV solution includes content discovery, VOD stores, HDTV, an advanced recording engine and network recording features.
News categories: Nordija, SETAR, Divitel, Jeroen van Vliet, Raul Ponson, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UX
BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
Jul 7, 2020 – Globecast has announced that Plastique has enlisted Globecast as its technical partner to supply a turnkey OTT service for BoFiNet, Botswana’s wholesale provider of telecommunications infrastructure.
News categories: Globecast, BoFiNet, Stefan Wiederkehr, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX
Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
Jul 6, 2020 – Fraunhofer HHI (together with partners including Apple, Ericsson, Intel, Huawei, Microsoft, Qualcomm, and Sony) is celebrating the release and official adoption of the video coding standard H.266/Versatile Video Coding (VVC).
News categories: Fraunhofer HHI, Media Coding Industry Forum, Benjamin Bross, Dr. Detlev Marpe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
Jul 6, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, there will be 1,161 million SVOD subscriptions in 2025, up from 642 million at end-2019. By then, 40% of these subscriptions will be on mobile apps, or via mobile operators.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs