Digital TV News: NETIA
Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
May 14, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. The company finished the quarter with 5.1 million contract pay TV subscribers, down 21,000 versus the end of 2018, and up 93,000 year-on-year. In March 2019 Cyfrowy Polsat introduced its EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Poland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Cyfrowy Polsat launches IPTV service and set-top box
Mar 25, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has introduced an IPTV service, thanks to which viewers will be able to watch TV channels over broadband without the need to install a satellite dish. The service is accompanied by a new EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
ADB provides gateway to Netia in Poland
Apr 17, 2018 – ADB has announced that Netia has chosen ADB’s VV 5822 gateway to deliver multimedia services to individual and business customers. The platform is equipped with ADB’s Epicentro software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Netia, Jacek Galik, Bartłomiej Zaremba, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
Media entrepreneurs acquire NETIA from Globecast
Jan 11, 2017 – NETIA has announced that its sole shareholder Globecast (part of the Orange group) has sold all its shares in the company to two French media entrepreneurs, Anthony Savelli and Vincent Benveniste.
News categories: NETIA, Radio Act, Thierry Gandilhon, Anthony Savelli, Vincent Benveniste, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Netia TV subscribers in Poland up 56% in 2012 to 79,285
Feb 21, 2013 – Poland's Netia (WSE: NET) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2012. Netia's TV services reached 79,285 at year-end, growing by 56% from 50,712 at December 31, 2011 and by 9% from 72,805 at September 30, 2012.
News categories: Netia, IPTV, Poland, Results, Subscribers
Netgem selected by Netia in Poland for its IPTV offering
Nov 9, 2011 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that Netia (WSE: NET) has started rolling out its new TV service in Poland based on Netgem's technologies. Netgem will provide Netia with its middleware and hybrid DTT/internet set-top boxes.
News categories: Netgem, Netia SA, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box
Netia reconsiders IPTV deal with TVN Group
Feb 22, 2010 – Netia (WSE: NET) has announced results for the fourth quarter 2009. Following delays in reaching an agreement to distribute 'n's DTH offering over IPTV to Netia's broadband customers, both Netia and the TVN Group have decided to reconsider.
News categories: Netia, IPTV, Poland, Results
Autumn launch for Netia IPTV in Poland
Aug 6, 2009 – Netia (WSE: NET) and 'n' (Luxembourg: ITIH) are running a pilot project for IPTV services in the cities of Warsaw and Wrocław. The commercial launch is planned for this autumn following successful pilot project results.
News categories: Netia, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
Netia and 'n' to launch IPTV pilot in Poland
May 7, 2009 – Netia (WSE: NET) has announced its results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2009. Netia and 'n' (Luxembourg: ITIH.LU) are to launch a pilot project of IPTV services in the cities of Warsaw and Wrocław in May 2009.
News categories: Netia SA, 'n', Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, Results
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019