Digital TV News: NOS
TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
May 21, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that its TV Viewership Data product is being expanded to include Kantar ad occurrences, Drawbridge's Identity Graph and demographic attributes, giving TiVo customers an expanded data offering with more flexibility.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Drawbridge, Kantar, Ben Maughan, Jon DeGennaro, Vik Sharma, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, USA, Worldwide
nanocosmos and Videon partner to offer ultra low latency live streaming
May 6, 2019 – nanocosmos and Videon have announced that they are partnering to provide an ultra low latency live streaming workflow based on Videon's edge compute encoder technology and nanocosmos' ultra low latency live streaming nanoStream Cloud.
News categories: Videon, nanocosmos, Todd Erdley, Oliver Lietz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Caavo expands ecosystem to make the TV the hub of the home
May 1, 2019 – Caavo has announced that it has expanded the capabilities of its platform to create one simple interface for everyone and everything connected to your TV and smart home. Caavo now provides more meaningful tools and resources to bring families together.
News categories: Caavo, Andrew Einaudi, Smart Home, USA, UX
Hulu U.S. customer base passes 28 million
May 1, 2019 – At 'Hulu '19 Presentation', Hulu revealed continued rapid growth, new original programming and talent deals that expand its content offering, as well as brand initiatives, advertising products and UX enhancements that bolster its goal of becoming the #1 choice for TV.
News categories: Hulu, Randy Freer, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Arteris IP interconnect licensed by Samsung for DTV chips
Apr 23, 2019 – Arteris IP has announced that Samsung’s System LSI Business has renewed multiple Arteris IP FlexNoC Interconnect licenses for use in multiple high-performance digital TV (DTV) processing chips utilizing Samsung’s latest semiconductor technology process nodes.
News categories: Arteris IP, Samsung, K. Charles Janac, Jaeyoul Lee, Digital TV, Korea, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Record 7.5 million smart speakers shipped in Europe in 4Q18
Apr 11, 2019 – According to IDC, in the fourth quarter of 2018, the smart home market in Europe reached almost 33 million units, representing 15.1% growth annually. Video entertainment devices shipped 19 million units in the quarter.
News categories: IDC, Antonio Arantes, Jan Prenosil, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
MediaKind harnesses Inspur Digital Media’s cloud-based virtualized servers
Apr 10, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that by harnessing Inspur Digital Media’s cloud-based virtualized servers and software running on Inspur Digital Media Openstack cloud, the companies are now able to provide an end-to-end solution to TV service providers in APAC.
News categories: MediaKind, Inspur, Sven Bolthausen, Cui Wei, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Imagine Communications integral to Nine Entertainment's ad buying platform
Apr 7, 2019 – Imagine Communications has announced its evolving role in Nine Entertainment's 9Galaxy automated TV trading platform. Nine is using Imagine’s xG GamePlan cloud-native booking optimizer to take an audience-based approach to ad inventory management.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Nine Entertainment, Rob Malcolm, Mat Yelavich, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow
VUALTO integrates DRM with AWS for live and on-demand video
Apr 4, 2019 – VUALTO has announced API integration between VUALTO’s VUDRM digital rights management service and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Media Services, including AWS Elemental MediaConvert, AWS Elemental MediaPackage, AWS Elemental Live, and AWS Elemental Delta.
News categories: VUALTO, AWS Elemental, Robert Mitchell, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?