Digital TV News: NOS
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
Sony report reveals how TV has impacted the living room
May 29, 2019 – Despite changing décor, family behaviour and streamed content taking a leap forward, the humble TV is still the heart of the living room according to a Sony report released in conjunction with a survey of 6,000 European consumers and commentary from industry experts.
News categories: Sony Corp, Takayuki Miyama, Emma Kenny, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Netherlands, UK
Fibre becomes leading way of accessing pay TV in Portugal
Nov 26, 2018 – According to Anacom, optical fibre (FTTH/B) became the principal means of accessing subscription television in Portugal in the first half of 2018, with 1.47 million subscribers, 38.2% of the total.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
NOS enhances user experience with Concurrent’s MediaScaleX
Sep 17, 2018 – Concurrent Technology (TSX: VCM) and NOS have announced an expanded partnership. As part of the agreement, NOS will deploy Concurrent’s MediaScaleX platform, enhancing user experiences for Cloud DVR and Live TV delivered via IP.
News categories: Concurrent Technology, NOS, Clay McCreery, José Pascoal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
NOS and Tata Elxsi open Digital Centre of Excellence
Sep 12, 2018 – NOS and Tata Elxsi have announced the launch a Digital Centre of Excellence (CoE). The centre will focus on digital transformation initiatives that are geared to deliver next generation services, enhance subscriber experience, and improve operational efficiency.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, NOS, KP Sreekumar, Pedro Bandeira, Broadband, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Portugal, RDK
M7 Group delivers live UHD football with Harmonic
Jun 21, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that M7 Group has deployed an Ultra HD (UHD) video processing solution from Harmonic for live video distribution of the world's largest soccer competition, taking place June 14 to July 15 in Russia.
News categories: Harmonic, M7 Group, Ian Graham, Ron Paans, Content Distribution, Netherlands, Satellite
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
Polystar chosen by NOS for network monitoring and customer care
Feb 26, 2018 – Polystar has announced that NOS has selected its KALIX, OSIX and JUPITER solutions to enable comprehensive network monitoring and real-time analytics. Polystar’s solutions were chosen following an intensive selection process.
News categories: Polystar, NOS, Anna Könberg, Carla Botelho, Cable TV, Portugal, QoE
Pay TV subscribers in Portugal up 116,000 in 3Q 2017
Dec 18, 2017 – At the end of 3rd quarter 2017, there were around 3.8 million subscribers to the subscription television signal distribution services in Portugal, an increase of 33 thousand from the previous quarter and an increase of 116 thousand Y-o-Y.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event