Digital TV News: NTT
Sisvel launches Video Coding Licensing Platform
Mar 27, 2019 – Sisvel has announced the launch of its Video Coding Licensing Platform, a patent licensing platform including two new joint patent licensing programs offering licenses under patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 specifications.
News categories: Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K 3D VR system for live streaming
Feb 4, 2019 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K 3D virtual reality (VR) system for live video streaming and viewing at 60 frames per second (fps) over 5G mobile communications.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, 5G, Digital TV, Japan, VR, Worldwide
NEC provides base stations for NTT DOCOMO 5G video trial
Jan 11, 2019 – NEC has announced that it contributed to a video transmission test utilizing 5G conducted in November 2018 by NTT DOCOMO and TOBU RAILWAY through the provision of 5G base stations that support 4.5GHz and 28GHz bands.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
MediaTek previews Helio M70 5G baseband chipset
Dec 6, 2018 – At the China Mobile Global Partner Conference, MediaTek's first 5G baseband chipset Helio M70 was unveiled to the domestic market. The Helio M70 is among the industry's first wave of 5G multi-mode integrated baseband chipsets.
News categories: MediaTek, TL Lee, 5G, China, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Worldwide
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K VR live video streaming and viewing system
Jul 5, 2018 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K VR live streaming and viewing system for showing events in 360° 8K VR video. A head-mounted system creates highly realistic VR experiences.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, Japan, OTT, VR, Worldwide
Intelsat and Globo to demonstrate 8K during the World Cup
Jun 15, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) will partner with Globo to demonstrate live 8K video transmissions in Brazil for the 2018 World Cup. From June 15 to July 15, content will be broadcast as part of an exhibition at the Museu de Amanhã, Rio's science museum.
News categories: Intelsat, NTT, Globo, Rob Cerbone, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Pay TV/OTT and Telecom operator revenue reached $410 billion in Q4 2017
Apr 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, for the 80 leading Pay-TV/OTT and telecom players worldwide, revenues totaled $410 billion in Q4 2017. Revenues have grown at a CAGR of 1%, up from $381 billion in Q1 2016.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
NTT develops world’s first real–time 4K HFR HEVC codec
Apr 5, 2018 – NTT has developed a real–time 4K HEVC codec which enables live transmission of high frame rate (HFR) video. HFR enhances video smoothness and sharpness by doubling the standard frame rate (SFR) from 50/60p to 100/120p.
News categories: NTT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event