Digital TV News: NTT
NTT DATA roll out immersive content with Jaunt's XR Platform
Feb 14, 2018 – Jaunt has announced a partnership with NTT DATA to make the Jaunt XR Platform available to their portfolio of clients. Jaunt’s XR Platform is a white label software solution for the cross-platform distribution of immersive (VR, AR and MR) content.
News categories: Jaunt, NTT DATA, Dominic Collins, Simon Williams, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC20, VR, Worldwide
NTT DOCOMO selects Ericsson CDN for mobile distribution
Jul 4, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by NTT DOCOMO to provide its Unified Delivery Network (UDN) solution. The UDN will enable NTT DOCOMO subscribers to access a diverse range of content over the operator’s mobile network.
News categories: Ericsson, NTT DOCOMO, Cillilan Maher, Takaaki Sato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile
Televisa selects NTT HEVC encoder and decoder for 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup
Jun 29, 2017 – NTT Electronics and Televisa have announced that NTT Electronics’ H.265/HEVC Video Encoder 'HC10000E' and H.265/HEVC Decoder 'HC10000D' are being used by Televisa for the transmission to Mexico of FIFA Confederations Cup Football Games in Russia.
News categories: NTT Electronics, Televisa, Hisashi Ibaraki, William Aguirre, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America
DOCOMO and Nokia achieve world's first real time 8K video transmission over 5G
May 24, 2016 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has achieved the world's first wireless real-time transmission of 8K video deploying radio access technology for 5G mobile communications systems, in a trial jointly conducted with Nokia.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Nokia, Glenn Booth, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
NTT develops LSI-based 8K HEVC real-time encoder
Feb 15, 2016 – Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (NTT) has developed the worlds’ best performance high-quality 8K HEVC real-time encoder through the use of dedicated LSI’s, which is the key to immersive high-quality 8K video services.
News categories: NTT, Hiroo Unoura, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Pay TV operators progress in Asia Pacific
Sep 23, 2015 – Despite economic growth concerns, pay TV subscriptions for Asia Pacific’s top 68 operators will increase by 74% from a collective 376 million in 2014 to 535 million by 2020, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
NTT H.265/HEVC encoder allows simultaneous transmission of 60P and 120P UHD video
Sep 3, 2015 – NTT has developed an H.265/HEVC-compliant Ultra HD software-encoding engine which enables the transmission of 60fps video embedded in a 120-frame-per-second bitstream, in order to facilitate a smooth switchover to 120P in the future.
News categories: NTT, Content Distribution, IBC2019, Worldwide
Sharp to ship 4K NEXT UltraHD TV featuring Espial HTML5 client
Jun 4, 2015 – Espial has announced that Sharp will begin shipping their newest lineup of AQUOS 4K NEXT (8K Resolution) UltraHD LCD televisions which incorporate Espial's HTML5 Client software in July 2015 in Japan.
News categories: Espial, Sharp Corp, Jaison Dolvane, Digital TV, HTML5, Japan, OTT, Smart TV
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature