Digital TV News: NTT DOCOMO
Elemental to power Japan’s first 4K/HEVC real-time streaming trial
Oct 23, 2013 – Elemental Technologies has announced that K-Opticom, a telecommunications operator in Japan, will use Elemental video processing for the country’s first live 4K Ultra HD high-efficiency video coding (H.265/HEVC) transmission.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, K-Opticom, Takao Fujino, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, OTT
Thomson Video Networks' MultiScreen Video Solution is First to Embrace HEVC Compression Standard
Apr 3, 2013 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that its industry-leading ViBE™ VS7000 multi-screen video encoding/transcoding system now provides support for the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) compression standard for live and offline applications.
News categories: Thomson, Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
DOCOMO to License HEVC Decoding Software
Feb 4, 2013 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it will license a software for decoding HEVC, the new international standard for video coding, in March. DOCOMO's HEVC decoding software is the world's first of its kind for Full HD playback on smartphones.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, MWC19, OTT, Smartphone
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 – The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as 'High Efficiency Video Coding' (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
Newport Media ISDB-T SoCs Power Phones from Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and ZTE
Jun 28, 2012 – Newport Media has announced major design wins at several suppliers of smartphone and feature phone products. In both Latin America and Japan, network operators have selected Newport Media Digital TV enabled phones.
News categories: Newport Media, Digital TV, Japan, Latin America, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
MPEG LA Offers MVC Patent Portfolio License
Feb 22, 2012 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the MVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the Multiview Video Coding ('MVC') standard for encoding and decoding 3D video.
News categories: MPEG LA, Blu-ray, Licensing, Patent, VR
DOCOMO Unveils Japan's First Two Devices for V-High Multimedia Broadcasting Services
Feb 16, 2012 – NTT DOCOMO (Tokyo:9437) has announced two Android mobiles, Japan's first devices compatible with V-High multimedia broadcasting. Users of the devices will be able to watch 'NOTTV', a mobile multimedia broadcasting station that will begin operating on April 1.
News categories: DOCOMO, NOTTV, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Smartphone-only TV service to launch in Japan
Oct 4, 2011 – MMBI has announced, at the CEATEC electronics show in Tokyo, its new mobile TV channel to be called 'NOTTV'. The service will only be available on smartphones, and will launch officially in April 2012.
News categories: MMBI, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Smartphone
Content protection on HTC's Android Devices, powered by Discretix
Feb 13, 2011 – Discretix has announced that HTC (Taipei:2498) has extended its Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM license, to include support for Microsoft PlayReady® DRM technology on Android smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Discretix, HTC Corp, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC19, OTT
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA