Digital TV News: NTT DOCOMO
PacketVideo Twonky extends capabilities of NOTTV in TV BOX
May 21, 2014 – PacketVideo (PV) has announced that its Twonky SDK technology will extend NOTTV capabilities through several new devices and apps being released by NTT DOCOMO, including TV BOX.
News categories: PacketVideo, NTT DOCOMO, Seiji Maruyama, Mark Tapling, Apps, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone
Elemental to power Japan’s first 4K/HEVC real-time streaming trial
Oct 23, 2013 – Elemental Technologies has announced that K-Opticom, a telecommunications operator in Japan, will use Elemental video processing for the country’s first live 4K Ultra HD high-efficiency video coding (H.265/HEVC) transmission.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, K-Opticom, Takao Fujino, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, OTT
Thomson Video Networks' MultiScreen Video Solution is First to Embrace HEVC Compression Standard
Apr 3, 2013 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that its industry-leading ViBE™ VS7000 multi-screen video encoding/transcoding system now provides support for the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) compression standard for live and offline applications.
News categories: Thomson, Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
DOCOMO to License HEVC Decoding Software
Feb 4, 2013 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it will license a software for decoding HEVC, the new international standard for video coding, in March. DOCOMO's HEVC decoding software is the world's first of its kind for Full HD playback on smartphones.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, MWC20, OTT, Smartphone
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 – The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as 'High Efficiency Video Coding' (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
Newport Media ISDB-T SoCs Power Phones from Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and ZTE
Jun 28, 2012 – Newport Media has announced major design wins at several suppliers of smartphone and feature phone products. In both Latin America and Japan, network operators have selected Newport Media Digital TV enabled phones.
News categories: Newport Media, Digital TV, Japan, Latin America, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
MPEG LA Offers MVC Patent Portfolio License
Feb 22, 2012 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the MVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the Multiview Video Coding ('MVC') standard for encoding and decoding 3D video.
News categories: MPEG LA, Blu-ray, Licensing, Patent, VR
DOCOMO Unveils Japan's First Two Devices for V-High Multimedia Broadcasting Services
Feb 16, 2012 – NTT DOCOMO (Tokyo:9437) has announced two Android mobiles, Japan's first devices compatible with V-High multimedia broadcasting. Users of the devices will be able to watch 'NOTTV', a mobile multimedia broadcasting station that will begin operating on April 1.
News categories: DOCOMO, NOTTV, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Smartphone-only TV service to launch in Japan
Oct 4, 2011 – MMBI has announced, at the CEATEC electronics show in Tokyo, its new mobile TV channel to be called 'NOTTV'. The service will only be available on smartphones, and will launch officially in April 2012.
News categories: MMBI, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Smartphone
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0