Digital TV News: NVIDIA
LG OLED TVs receive NVIDIA G-SYNC upgrade
Nov 1, 2019 – Current model year OLED TVs from LG will receive a firmware update allowing gameplay via NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible technology. The upgrade will arrive first in North America followed by markets in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East before the end of the year.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Sam Kim, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
NVIDIA unveils SHIELD TV next generation
Oct 28, 2019 – NVIDIA has unveiled the next generation of SHIELD TV, which delivers home entertainment, gaming and AI capabilities to the living room. The two new SHIELD models — SHIELD TV and SHIELD TV Pro — provide exceptional visual and sound experiences.
News categories: NVIDIA, Jeff Fisher, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Anevia Genova encoders optimised to work with NVIDIA T4 GPUs
Sep 9, 2019 – Anevia has announced that its Genova video compression encoders are now optimised to work with NVIDIA T4 GPUs, enabling OTT service providers to deliver programmes in higher video quality without a commensurate increase in costs.
News categories: Anevia, NVIDIA, Jerome Blanc, Laurent Lafarge, Serge Palaric, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MainConcept accelerates HEVC encoding with NVIDIA RTX GPUs
Apr 8, 2019 – MainConcept has announced that its latest HEVC/H.265 Video Encoder SDK release will dramatically increase encoding speed by leveraging functions of the NVIDIA Video Codec, available with the latest Turing architecture-powered NVIDIA RTX GPUs.
News categories: MainConcept, NVIDIA, Deacon Johnson, Andrew Page, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Samsung joins the Alliance for Open Media Board of Directors
Apr 3, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced that Samsung has joined at the Board-level, the first tier of the organization. AOMedia is a nonprofit organization formed with the aim to define and develop open standards for media compression and delivery over the web.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Samsung, Matt Frost, Seunghwan Cho, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Intel expected to recapture #1 semi supplier ranking in 2019
Mar 7, 2019 – According to IC Insights, for 2019, a steep drop in the memory market is forecast to pull the semiconductor market down by 7%. Although Intel’s semiconductor sales are expected to be relatively flat, the company is poised to regain the number 1 ranking this year.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Nuvyyo launches 4-tuner DVR for cord cutters
Jan 7, 2019 – Nuvyyo has announced its next generation 4-Tuner DVR, the Tablo QUAD, along with a new feature that automatically skips commercials within recordings. Tablo QUAD lets consumers discover, record, and stream up to four live antenna TV channels simultaneously.
News categories: Nuvyyo, Grant Hall, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Caavo introduces entertainment hub and voice-controlled remote
Oct 1, 2018 – Caavo has introduced Control Center, an entertainment hub and voice-controlled remote that unites everything connected to your TV. Control Center searches, discovers and manages your content across live TV, DVR, streaming services and web, all in one place.
News categories: Caavo, Andrew Einaudi, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA, UX
Global semiconductor revenue hits record $120.8 billion in Q2
Aug 22, 2018 – Global semiconductor industry revenue grew 4.4 percent, quarter over quarter, in the second quarter of 2018, reaching a record $120.8 billion. Semiconductor growth occurred in all application markets and world regions, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ron Ellwanger, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet