Digital TV News: NXP
Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 2.6% in 2016
May 15, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $343.5 billion in 2016, a 2.6% increase from 2015 revenue of $334.9 billion, according to Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased 10.5%.
News categories: Gartner, James Hines, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 1.5% in 2016
Jan 18, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $339.7 billion in 2016, a 1.5 percent increase from 2015 revenue of $334.8 billion, according to preliminary results from Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased by 7.9 percent compared with 2015.
News categories: Gartner, Adriana Blanco, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
NEOTION first implementer of NXP ZigBee 3.0 software
Sep 7, 2016 – NEOTION has announced the first implementation of the NXP ZigBee 3.0 software SDK for its new smart home solution. NEOTION has embedded the latest ZigBee 3.0 technology from NXP into its high-end home automation gateway.
News categories: NEOTION, NXP, Nicolas Stefanelli, Olivier Harquin, Gateway, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
NXP launches contact smart card interface optimized for pay TV
Feb 20, 2015 – NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ:NXPI) has announced the launch of a new contact smart card interface -- TDA8037. Optimized for pay-TV applications, the TDA8037 offers high levels of card protection, including short circuit detection and ESD protection.
News categories: NXP Semi, Paul Hubmer, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
IC Insights shows big changes in 2013 top 20 semi supplier ranking
Apr 1, 2014 – The top 20 worldwide semiconductor sales leaders for 2013 included nine suppliers headquartered in the U.S., three in Japan, three in Taiwan, three in Europe, and two in South Korea, a relatively broad representation of geographic regions, according to IC Insights.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Verimatrix provides revenue security for Thailand's TrueVision
Mar 24, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that TrueVision has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide revenue security for its premium content service offerings.
News categories: Verimatrix, TrueVision, Nantanee Wongumnitkul, Steve Oetegenn, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Thailand, TV Everywhere
Eutelsat shows ‘smart LNB’ in action at CabSat Dubai
Mar 10, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) is to unveiling more of its 'smart LNB' at CabSat. The 'smart LNB' is a device that bundles DTH reception of TV with a narrowband satellite return channel.
News categories: Eutelsat, Broadband, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Worldwide
Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
Dec 3, 2013 – Following a 2.5 percent decline in 2012, the global semiconductor market has regained its footing in 2013 with revenue set to expand by nearly 5 percent because of the strong performance of the memory sector.
News categories: IHS Inc, Dale Ford, Market Research, Semiconductor
MRG releases silicon TV tuner market report
Oct 23, 2013 – MRG has released its latest report, Worldwide Silicon TV Tuners in Six Regions. MRG expects that the worldwide annual value of this market will remain flat to slightly negative over the coming years, hovering around the US$500 million per year level.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Gerry Kaufhold, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA