Digital TV News: Nagravision
Sigma Designs to launch ARM-based chipset family with HEVC at CES
Jan 6, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) is to launch its HEVC-capable SMP8750 family at CES 2014. Combining HEVC with an ARM Cortex A9 CPU and an ARM Mali 400 GPU, the SMP8756 will offer a unique combination of performance, user experience and video quality.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase selects Sigma Designs SoC and HTTV Open Middleware for IPTV HDMI stick
Jan 2, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Novabase Digital TV Technologies has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its HbbTV-compliant HDMI-Stick IPTV STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, HTTV, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Regis Saint Girons, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase chooses Sigma Designs media processor for turn-key set top box
Sep 13, 2013 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) has announced that Novabase has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its next generation of Set Top Box (STB) products.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ZTE Obtains Conditional Access Authorisation from Nagra
Oct 8, 2012 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has obtained Conditional Access authorisation from Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S), enabling the company to access and develop technology for digital television (DTV) services.
News categories: ZTE, Nagra, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
GMI selects httv HbbTV firmware for HD+ SmartTV STB for Germany
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the new GMI HD+ SmartTV Set Top Box. Working closely with leading German distributor COMAG, this product is targeting the HD+ Smart TV and will offer the HD+ channels but also access to Maxdome VOD service.
News categories: httv, GMI, COMAG, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, HbbTV, IBC2019, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski 2012 half year results released
Aug 21, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 half year results. Emerging markets sustained the Group's Digital TV business in the half. Once again, a strong demand for the Group's products in Latin America drove first half revenues.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Entropic Unveils Set-Top Box SoC for Cable and IP-Client Markets
May 14, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has introduced its TSC17x/18x set-top box system-on-a-chip (SoC), offering cable and IP markets a dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 processors with integrated NEON™ SIMD extensions.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
MStar partners with Taiwan Multiple System Operator CNS
Mar 5, 2012 – MStar has announced that it's set-top box semiconductor platform will be used by Taiwanese cable TV operator CNS for its move to digital broadcasting. The partnership is also expected to form the basis of CNS' smart digital home platform.
News categories: MStar Semi, CNS, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service