Digital TV News: Nagravision
Sigma Designs to launch ARM-based chipset family with HEVC at CES
Jan 6, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) is to launch its HEVC-capable SMP8750 family at CES 2014. Combining HEVC with an ARM Cortex A9 CPU and an ARM Mali 400 GPU, the SMP8756 will offer a unique combination of performance, user experience and video quality.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase selects Sigma Designs SoC and HTTV Open Middleware for IPTV HDMI stick
Jan 2, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Novabase Digital TV Technologies has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its HbbTV-compliant HDMI-Stick IPTV STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, HTTV, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Regis Saint Girons, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase chooses Sigma Designs media processor for turn-key set top box
Sep 13, 2013 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) has announced that Novabase has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its next generation of Set Top Box (STB) products.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, IBC2020, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ZTE Obtains Conditional Access Authorisation from Nagra
Oct 8, 2012 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has obtained Conditional Access authorisation from Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S), enabling the company to access and develop technology for digital television (DTV) services.
News categories: ZTE, Nagra, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
GMI selects httv HbbTV firmware for HD+ SmartTV STB for Germany
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the new GMI HD+ SmartTV Set Top Box. Working closely with leading German distributor COMAG, this product is targeting the HD+ Smart TV and will offer the HD+ channels but also access to Maxdome VOD service.
News categories: httv, GMI, COMAG, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, HbbTV, IBC2020, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski 2012 half year results released
Aug 21, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 half year results. Emerging markets sustained the Group's Digital TV business in the half. Once again, a strong demand for the Group's products in Latin America drove first half revenues.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Entropic Unveils Set-Top Box SoC for Cable and IP-Client Markets
May 14, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has introduced its TSC17x/18x set-top box system-on-a-chip (SoC), offering cable and IP markets a dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 processors with integrated NEON™ SIMD extensions.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
MStar partners with Taiwan Multiple System Operator CNS
Mar 5, 2012 – MStar has announced that it's set-top box semiconductor platform will be used by Taiwanese cable TV operator CNS for its move to digital broadcasting. The partnership is also expected to form the basis of CNS' smart digital home platform.
News categories: MStar Semi, CNS, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed