Digital TV News: Nagravision
Cavium Ships Multi-Format HD Set Top Box SoC
Sep 27, 2011 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced the Celestial™ CNC1800L multi-format, high definition Set Top Box System-on-a-Chip (SoC) processor is sampling to customers for Over the Top (OTT), IPTV, and Digital Cable Set Top Box applications.
News categories: Cavium, BBWF, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MSTAR partners with Taiwan Broadband Communications for next generation STB
Sep 22, 2011 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it has partnered with Taiwan's leading cable operator, Taiwan Broadband Communication (TBC), to launch a next generation secured STB platform in Taiwan.
News categories: MStar Semi, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Liberty Global Unveils Next-Generation TV Platform at IBC
Sep 8, 2011 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has presented 'Horizon', an elegant media and entertainment platform for the home, which seamlessly integrates cable, web-based and personal content.
News categories: Liberty Global, Apps, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Middleware, Netherlands, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet
Report Tracks Migration of Small and Independent IPTV Operators to Multiscreen Video, Mobile TV and TV Everywhere
Aug 31, 2011 – A new report from MRG finds that small and independent Pay-TV Operators will introduce Multiscreen Video (MSV) and Mobile TV services by 2014, after introducing infrastructure upgrades and whole-home DVR.
News categories: MRG, Content Distribution, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Tablet
CANAL+ and Kudelski announce Swiss partnership
Mar 16, 2011 – In the framework of the April launch of a new HD package, CANAL+/CANALSAT Switzerland has selected Nagravision's (SIX: KUD.S) Nagra Media Access conditional access system to provide subscribers with access to HD content delivered via satellite.
News categories: Nagravision, CANALSAT, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Switzerland
Farncombe Launches Pay-TV Security Validation Programme
Feb 10, 2011 – Farncombe Consulting Group has launched a security validation programme designed to facilitate new conditional access (CA) and DRM products reaching the market.
News categories: Farncombe Consulting, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection
Nagravision Selected By Taiwan's HYA For Digital Cable TV
Oct 18, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it was selected to secure the roll-out of advanced digital services for Hsin Yeong An Cable TV (HYA), the largest independent cable television operator in Taiwan with more than 200,000 subscriber households.
News categories: Nagravision, Hsin Yeong An, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
EchoStar Europe Integrates OpenTV's Linux Client Solution From Nagravision
Sep 11, 2010 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that it has worked closely with Nagravision to port OpenTV Linux-based client middleware to the EchoStar HDX-600R hybrid digital video recorder (DVR).
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Nagravision, OpenTV, Conditional Access, DVR, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
Nagravision And ZON TVCabo To Field-Test OpenTV nX User Experience
Sep 9, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it will field test ZON TVCabo's next generation user experience solution based on OpenTV nX, Nagravision's cross-device user interface.
News categories: Nagravision, ZON Multimedia, OpenTV, Middleware, Portugal
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs