Digital TV News: National Broadcasting Commission
Nigeria to switch-on DTT in Kwara and Kaduna states
Dec 18, 2017 – The National Broadcasting Commission of Nigeria will on Wednesday December 20, 2017 and Friday December 22, 2017 switch Kwara and Kaduna States from Analogue transmission to Digital Terrestrial Television transmission.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Is’haq Modibbo Kawu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Terrestrial
Niger discusses collaboration with Nigeria on digital switch over
Jun 12, 2017 – Nigeria and other ECOWAS Member Countries have agreed to adopt a Common Minimum Standard for Set-Top-Boxes in the Sub-Region, meaning that STBs manufactured in Nigeria can also be available for use in all the ECOWAS Countries.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Digital TV, Niger, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
GatesAir provides turnkey DVB-T2 system for Abuja
Jan 4, 2017 – GatesAir, along with Nigerian channel partner Pinnacle Communications, has announced the build-out and launch of a turnkey DVB-T2 transmission system serving the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.
News categories: GatesAir, Phil Argyris, Dipo Onifade, Sir Lucky Omoluwa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Nigeria, Terrestrial
Inview appoints NAGRA for digital TV launch in Nigeria
Jul 6, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has been appointed by Inview Nigeria, a subsidiary of Inview Technology Ltd., to secure the Nigerian free-to-air digital TV platform, known as 'Free TV' and support the operator’s transition to digital.
News categories: NAGRA, Inview, Thierry Legrand, Nick Markham, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
SES moves over 25 million households in Nigeria to digital
May 11, 2016 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has signed an agreement with Cable Channels Nigeria (CCNL) to provide a video platform, via SES’s prime orbital position at 28.2°E, for the provision of DTT and DTH broadcasting in Nigeria.
News categories: SES S.A, CWG, Ibrahima Guimba-Saidou, James Agada, Mohammed Bawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
Nigeria takes delivery of first DTT set-top boxes
Feb 25, 2016 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has announced that, ahead of its digital TV switchover trial, it has received the first batch of DTT Set-Top-Boxes, from SMK Engineering Limited and Gospell Digital Technology Limited.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Gospell Digital Technology, Alheri Saidu, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MTN Nigeria buys DTT broadcasting licence
Sep 16, 2015 – According to Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission, South Africa's MTN has bought a licence to provide pay TV in the country for 34 billion Naira. MTN Nigeria will use part of the 700MHz frequency band to provide digital broadcasting services.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, MTN Nigeria, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Inview to provide DTT set-top box software for Nigeria
Mar 17, 2015 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has signed an agreement with Inview Technologies for the provision of a National Common Set-Top-Box system. Inview, in collaboration with a consortium of Nigerian broadcasters, will make available software for the provision of key services.
News categories: Inview, National Broadcasting Commission, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Chapters DTV wins DTH broadcasting licence in Nigeria
Nov 17, 2014 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has announced that it has licensed Chapters Digital Television to carry out Direct-To-Home (DTH) broadcasting in the country.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Emeka Mba, Digital TV, Nigeria, Regulation, Satellite
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
- Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
- Insys Video Technologies adds three Polish cable operators
- ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
- OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
- Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets