Digital TV News: National Broadcasting Commission
Nigeria to switch-on DTT in Kwara and Kaduna states
Dec 18, 2017 – The National Broadcasting Commission of Nigeria will on Wednesday December 20, 2017 and Friday December 22, 2017 switch Kwara and Kaduna States from Analogue transmission to Digital Terrestrial Television transmission.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Is’haq Modibbo Kawu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Terrestrial
Niger discusses collaboration with Nigeria on digital switch over
Jun 12, 2017 – Nigeria and other ECOWAS Member Countries have agreed to adopt a Common Minimum Standard for Set-Top-Boxes in the Sub-Region, meaning that STBs manufactured in Nigeria can also be available for use in all the ECOWAS Countries.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Digital TV, Niger, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
GatesAir provides turnkey DVB-T2 system for Abuja
Jan 4, 2017 – GatesAir, along with Nigerian channel partner Pinnacle Communications, has announced the build-out and launch of a turnkey DVB-T2 transmission system serving the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.
News categories: GatesAir, Phil Argyris, Dipo Onifade, Sir Lucky Omoluwa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Nigeria, Terrestrial
Inview appoints NAGRA for digital TV launch in Nigeria
Jul 6, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has been appointed by Inview Nigeria, a subsidiary of Inview Technology Ltd., to secure the Nigerian free-to-air digital TV platform, known as 'Free TV' and support the operator’s transition to digital.
News categories: NAGRA, Inview, Thierry Legrand, Nick Markham, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
SES moves over 25 million households in Nigeria to digital
May 11, 2016 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has signed an agreement with Cable Channels Nigeria (CCNL) to provide a video platform, via SES’s prime orbital position at 28.2°E, for the provision of DTT and DTH broadcasting in Nigeria.
News categories: SES S.A, CWG, Ibrahima Guimba-Saidou, James Agada, Mohammed Bawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
Nigeria takes delivery of first DTT set-top boxes
Feb 25, 2016 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has announced that, ahead of its digital TV switchover trial, it has received the first batch of DTT Set-Top-Boxes, from SMK Engineering Limited and Gospell Digital Technology Limited.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Gospell Digital Technology, Alheri Saidu, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MTN Nigeria buys DTT broadcasting licence
Sep 16, 2015 – According to Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission, South Africa's MTN has bought a licence to provide pay TV in the country for 34 billion Naira. MTN Nigeria will use part of the 700MHz frequency band to provide digital broadcasting services.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, MTN Nigeria, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Inview to provide DTT set-top box software for Nigeria
Mar 17, 2015 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has signed an agreement with Inview Technologies for the provision of a National Common Set-Top-Box system. Inview, in collaboration with a consortium of Nigerian broadcasters, will make available software for the provision of key services.
News categories: Inview, National Broadcasting Commission, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Chapters DTV wins DTH broadcasting licence in Nigeria
Nov 17, 2014 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has announced that it has licensed Chapters Digital Television to carry out Direct-To-Home (DTH) broadcasting in the country.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Emeka Mba, Digital TV, Nigeria, Regulation, Satellite
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS