Digital TV News: National Cable Television Cooperative
MOBITV adds $50m in funding
Jul 1, 2019 – MOBITV has closed over $50M in funding from Oak Investment Partners, Ally Financial, and Cedar Grove Partners. The funding will be used to accelerate the growth of the company’s international footprint, while it continues to strengthen the MOBITV CONNECT platform for Pay TV operators.
News categories: MOBITV, Oak Investment Partners, Charlie Nooney, Bandel Carano, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Espial and Harmonic partner to provide complete end-to-end TVaaS
Jul 31, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Harmonic. As part of the deal, Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform will integrate Harmonic’s VOS 360 media processing SaaS, providing MVPDs with an end-to-end solution for IP and OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Harmonic, Jaison Dolvane, Eric Armstrong, Rich Fickle, Gary Shorman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
Feb 12, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to Mediacom Communications customers. Evolution Digital's eBOX will include Evolution Digital-enabled IP Pay-Per-View (PPV) services.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Mediacom Communications, Marc Cohen, JR Walden, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
MobiTV partners with the National Cable Television Cooperative
Dec 7, 2017 – MobiTV and National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announce an agreement between both companies which could enable pay TV providers within NCTC’s membership to transition their offerings to IP/app-based solutions.
News categories: MobiTV, NCTC, Charlie Nooney, Rich Fickle, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Evolution Digital reaches eVUE-TV agreement with GCI
Jun 20, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has reached an agreement with General Communication Inc. (GCI) to deploy its fully-managed eVUE-TV IPTV Solution to GCI customers in select service regions.
News categories: Evolution Digital, General Communication Inc, Marc Cohen, Eric Powelson, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Evolution Digital deploys eVUE-TV with seven more NCTC members
Apr 19, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its fully-managed eVUE-TV IP Video on Demand Solution with seven additional member operators in the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC).
News categories: Evolution Digital, National Cable Television Cooperative, Marc Cohen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital and Conax provide Multi-DRM security for eVUE-TV
Feb 21, 2017 – Evolution Digital and Conax have announced that Conax will be providing its multi-DRM solution for Evolution Digital’s eVUE-TV platform, available on the National Cable Television Cooperative’s (NCTC) VU-IT! Platform.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Rohit Mehra, Brent Smith, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, USA
EPIX app launches on TiVo set-tops at Atlantic Broadband
Jan 24, 2017 – EPIX has announced that it will offer EPIX content through an app that enables authenticated subscribers to access EPIX’s library of more than 2,000 Hollywood movies on TiVo devices. The app will first launch with Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: EPIX, TiVo, Atlantic Broadband, NCTC, Mark Greenberg, Jim Denney, David Isenberg, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital eBOX IP Hybrid STB for Alaska's GCI
Nov 16, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has reached agreement with General Communications Inc. (GCI) to deploy its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to GCI customers in select service regions.
News categories: Evolution Digital, GCI, Marc Cohen, Heather Handyside, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019