Digital TV News: National Cable & Telecommunications Association
Interactive TV's Present and Future to be Featured at The Cable Show '09
Mar 26, 2009 – Enhanced TV and tru2way™ interactive TV applications will play a major role at The Cable Show '09 being held April 1-3 at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center, the annual convention of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
News categories: The Cable Show, CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware
CableCARD Deployment and Support
Jun 23, 2008 – According to the NCTA, there have been over 372,000 CableCARDs deployed for use in Unidirectional Digital Cable Ready Product (UDCP) models by the ten largest incumbent cable operators who serve approximately 90% of the cable subscribers in the U.S.
News categories: National Cable & Telecommunications Association, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Sony Electronics and Major U.S. Cable Operators Negotiate National 'Two-Way' Plug and Play Solution
May 27, 2008 – Sony Electronics and major U.S. cable operators have signed an agreement that will enable consumers to purchase innovative 'two-way' digital TVs and other devices that can receive interactive digital and HD video services without a set-top box.
News categories: Sony Electronics, NCTA, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
NCTA and TiVo Announce Progress on Switched Digital Adapter for TiVo DVRs
May 19, 2008 – The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have announced that after a series of successful informal interoperability tests TiVo and several manufacturers of switched digital external tuning adapters have submitted products for formal testing at CableLabs.
News categories: TiVo, NCTA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, USA
Panasonic to Showcase tru2way™ Leadership at Cable Show 2008
May 16, 2008 – Panasonic is showcasing its tru2way-based cable product line-up in its booth (#3005) at the Cable Show 2008.
News categories: Panasonic, Cable TV, Content Protection, DOCSIS, DVD, DVR, Optical Disc Recorder, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Tru2way™ Brand to Succeed 'OpenCable™ Platform' in Consumer and Retail Settings
Jan 7, 2008 – The U.S. cable industry has adopted the 'tru2way™' brand to succeed use of the term 'OpenCable™ Platform' as it applies to the marketing and branding of the interactive video platform for consumers and in retail markets.
News categories: CableLabs, tru2way, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Set Top Box, USA
More Than 100 Retailers Certified to Participate in NTIA TV Converter Box Coupon Program for Digital Television Transition
Dec 11, 2007 – The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) has announced that eight of the largest consumer electronics retailers - Best Buy, Circuit City, Kmart, RadioShack, Sam's Club, Sears, Target, Wal-Mart - have been certified to participate in the TV Converter Box Coupon Program along with more than 100 other retailers.
News categories: National Telecommunications and Information Administration, DTV Transition Coalition, NTIA Certified Retailers, Certified Converter Boxes, and Sample Coupon Application Form, ATSC, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
TiVo Announces Results for Third Quarter Ended October 31, 2007
Nov 28, 2007 – TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) has reported financial results for the third quarter ended October 31, 2007. TiVo-Owned subscription gross additions for the third quarter were 69,000 for a total of 1.7 million from 1.6 million in the year ago-period.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Mexico, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
NCTA and TiVo Announce Switched Digital Solution for HD DVRs
Nov 26, 2007 – The cable industry and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have announced that cable operators will next year introduce a new external adapter that will enable TiVo® digital video recorders that use CableCARDs™ to access switched digital cable channels without a set top box.
News categories: TiVo, National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy