Digital TV News: National Telecommunications Commission
Colombia to auction pay-TV licences
Dec 19, 2008 – Colombia's National Telecommunications Commission (Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones - CNTV) is starting its public auction process for five Pay-TV licenses.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones, Colombia, IPTV, Regulation
More than 2 million 6MHz DVB-T receivers with NTSC output now deployed in Taiwan
Dec 12, 2007 – The most recent figures from the Taiwan DTV Committee indicate that sales of DVB-T receivers have now passed the 2 million mark in that country.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital Television Committee, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
Venezuela - CONATEL will meet with technicians from France and Japan to define digital TV standard
Nov 21, 2007 – Representatives of the National Telecommunications Commission (CONATEL) will travel to France and Japan to enable Venezuela to decide whether to adopt either the European or Japanese standard for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), Broadcasting, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial, Venezuela
Philippines - NTC reviews guidelines on digital TV
Jul 30, 2007 – Companies planning to broadcast digital programs to TV sets or mobile devices cannot go commercial yet, as the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) said it was revisiting its guidelines on digital TV programming.
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines, Terrestrial
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020