Digital TV News: National Telecommunications Commission
Colombia to auction pay-TV licences
Dec 19, 2008 – Colombia's National Telecommunications Commission (Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones - CNTV) is starting its public auction process for five Pay-TV licenses.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones, Colombia, IPTV, Regulation
More than 2 million 6MHz DVB-T receivers with NTSC output now deployed in Taiwan
Dec 12, 2007 – The most recent figures from the Taiwan DTV Committee indicate that sales of DVB-T receivers have now passed the 2 million mark in that country.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital Television Committee, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
Venezuela - CONATEL will meet with technicians from France and Japan to define digital TV standard
Nov 21, 2007 – Representatives of the National Telecommunications Commission (CONATEL) will travel to France and Japan to enable Venezuela to decide whether to adopt either the European or Japanese standard for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), Broadcasting, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial, Venezuela
Philippines - NTC reviews guidelines on digital TV
Jul 30, 2007 – Companies planning to broadcast digital programs to TV sets or mobile devices cannot go commercial yet, as the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) said it was revisiting its guidelines on digital TV programming.
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines, Terrestrial
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent