Digital TV News: NationalChip
Arteris IP interconnect used by NationalChip for STB SoCs
Feb 5, 2019 – Arteris IP has announced that NationalChip has successfully produced satellite and terrestrial digital TV set top box (STB) systems-on-chip (SoC) using Arteris FlexNoC interconnect IP as the on-chip communication backbone.
News categories: Arteris IP, NationalChip, K. Charles Janac, Feng Ye, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Dolby Digital Plus Powers China's Terrestrial Broadcast
Jun 29, 2011 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Dolby® Digital Plus and Dolby Digital have been selected as optional technologies for China's recently released national DTMB Receiver Specification for set-top boxes and TVs.
News categories: Dolby, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
2010 Satellite Set Top Box Shipments Down 8% in North American and Western European Regions
Feb 3, 2011 – Shipments of satellite set top boxes declined in 2010 by 8% in both the North American and Western European regions, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nationalchip Plans to Offer Chip Designs with Dolby Digital Plus for Next-Generation Broadcast Systems
Sep 29, 2010 – Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB) has announced plans to develop an implementation licensing program in China. The company also stated that it is working with Nationalchip to offer chip designs that support Dolby® Digital Plus.
News categories: Dolby, Nationalchip, China, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Worldwide Leading Satellite STB IC Makers' Product Development Strategy
Feb 27, 2008 – As digital satellite TV services have taken off, the satellite TV Set Top Box (STB) has become the mainstream STB type; global shipments of digital satellite TV STBs in 2007 totaled 72.2 million units.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023