Digital TV News: Net Insight
RIST Forum promotes its internet video transport standard at NAB Show
Mar 25, 2019 – The RIST Forum has been established, with 21 founding companies, to promote the Reliable Internet Stream Transport (RIST), an interoperable and royalty free standard for low-latency video transport over unmanaged networks for contribution and distribution applications.
News categories: RIST Forum, Jacob Kinsey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Net Insight to offer live OTT streaming via Microsoft Azure
Feb 13, 2018 – Net Insight has announced that it will offer the live OTT streaming solution Sye on Microsoft Azure as it joins the Microsoft Partner Network. Sye is ultra-low latency with a streaming protocol optimized for live.
News categories: Net Insight, Microsoft Azure, Fredrik Tumegård, Tony Emerson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Net Insight and Ericsson together offer end-to-end media contribution
Jun 19, 2017 – Net Insight has announced a strategic partnership with Ericsson to offer broadcasters a range of end-to-end video processing solutions based on Net Insight and Ericsson media contribution products and services.
News categories: Net Insight, Ericsson, Fredrik Tumegård, Gall Le Garrec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Net Insight releases first true live and synchronized 360° OTT streaming solution
Apr 24, 2017 – Net Insight has introduced Sye 360° - the world's first true live and synchronized 360° OTT streaming solution. With ultra-low latency, broadcasters can synchronize a live OTT feed with the linear broadcast.
News categories: Net Insight, Per Lindgren, Fredrik Tumegård, Content Distribution, NABShow, VR, Worldwide
Sentech opts for Net Insight for DTT network in South Africa
Feb 18, 2015 – Net Insight has announced that its transport solution has been selected by South Africa's state-owned transmission network operator Sentech, to deliver contribution services for its national digital terrestrial TV (DTT) network.
News categories: Net Insight, Sentech, Fredrik Tumegård, Setumo Mohapi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
TV Integração selects Net Insight for Brazil regional DTT network
Nov 14, 2012 – Net Insight has announced that the Brazilian broadcaster TV Integração has selected Net Insight's Nimbra platform for building a new multi-service, regional DTT network covering contribution, distribution and IT services.
News categories: Net Insight, TV Globo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Net Insight wins contract with ORS for DVB-T2 distribution in Austria
Aug 28, 2012 – Net Insight (OMX Stockholm: NETI B) has announced a contract with ORS to distribute DVB-T2 signals across Austria. The first phase of the rollout is based on more than 40 Nimbra 680 nodes and will begin in the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Net Insight, Österreichische Rundfunksender, TV-Connect, Austria, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Velister selects Net Insight for all-IP DTT Network in Cyprus
Dec 1, 2011 – Net Insight (Stockholm: NETI B) has delivered its Nimbra platform to Velister, the commercial DVB-T operator in Cyprus, for a new all-IP DTT network. The network covers the whole of Cyprus and has been live since July 1st, 2011.
News categories: Net Insight, Velister, Content Distribution, Cyprus, Digital TV, Terrestrial
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS