Digital TV News: Netgem
Netgem TV launches In Ireland with Pure Telecom
Jul 23, 2020 – Netgem TV is now available in Ireland following a deal signed with Pure Telecom. After a successful 3-month free trial, the Broadband and TV bundle is now available to all customers for €43 per month.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
Jul 7, 2020 – Netgem has acquired the assets of Comcable, a French fibre network operator. Netgem’s local subsidiary will manage the 3,500 subscribers taken over, and will provide them with its TV streaming service and 4K Box.
News categories: Netgem, Comcable, Mathias Hautefort, Philippe Le Gall, Digital TV, Fibre, France, MnA
Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
Jun 29, 2020 – Origin broadband and Netgem have joined forces to offer Origin TV, a multiscreen service. The product offers an entertainment experience at a great price as an alternative to the traditional expensive broadband TV offerings.
News categories: Netgem, Origin Broadband, Sylvain Thevenot, Oliver Bryssau, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
Feb 19, 2020 – British TV manufacturer Cello has announced the launch of a Freeview Play range with Alexa voice control, powered by netgem.tv. The TVs incorporate the netgem.tv service, offering free and on-demand streaming for customers at an affordable price.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Netgem, Brian Palmer, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK, UX
Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
Sep 15, 2019 – Netgem is releasing a second generation of its smart soundbars for telcos in partnership with Sharp. The Soundbox is a comprehensive package including Alexa, 4K HDR10, catch-up TV, OTT, DVB-T2, wireless audio control, great sound, and a slick design.
News categories: Netgem, Sharp, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box
ZTE and Netgem to jointly address the European fibre market
Mar 12, 2019 – Netgem and ZTE have partnered to offer connected home solutions to European fibre operators. ZTE will provide devices, production capability and financing. Netgem will provide software assets, content relationships and integration expertise.
News categories: Netgem, ZTE, Joseph Haddad, Fang Hui, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Set Top Box, UX
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, OTT, Set Top Box
Gibtelecom launches Sofi TV service with Netgem
Jun 4, 2018 – Gibtelecom has announced the launch of Sofi – its digital entertainment service. Sofi will be available on home TVs via an advanced set-top box. Gibtelecom has partnered with Netgem to develop the platform.
News categories: Gibtelecom, Netgem, Lianne Azzopardi, Adrian Moreno, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Gibraltar, IPTV, Set Top Box
Netgem to offer Amazon Prime Video on its virtual STB platform
Sep 14, 2017 – Netgem has announced that Amazon Prime Video will come to its virtual STB software platform. Set-top-box and soundbox solutions powered with Netgem software will feature the full range of Amazon Prime Video services.
News categories: Netgem, Amazon Prime Video, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico