Digital TV News: Nexstar
FreeWheel cuts inefficiencies in the local TV advertising process
Apr 9, 2019 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has launched enhancements to its Strata platform that will bring additional automation to the local TV advertising process. These enhancements will bring greater efficiencies to many of the tasks associated with buying such advertising.
News categories: FreeWheel, Joy Baer, Adam Herman, Brett Jenkins, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC 3.0, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ATSC 3.0 test suite launched by Eurofins
Mar 27, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will be showcasing a new conformance test suite at NAB. Arreios for ATSC 3.0 enables the certification and testing of ATSC 3.0 features via a suite of automated test tools.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Johan Craeybeckx, Lynn Claudy, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Comscore expands currency relationship with Nexstar Media Group
Jan 10, 2019 – Comscore has announced an agreement with Nexstar Media Group. Comscore will serve as a currency and measurement provider to all Nexstar markets, including the markets Nexstar acquired from Media General.
News categories: Comscore, Nexstar, Bryan Wiener, Timothy C. Busch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Terrestrial, USA
U.S. 2018 TV and radio M&A deal volume highest since 2008
Jan 3, 2019 – According to Kagan, U.S. broadcast station mergers and acquisitions (M&A) volume reached $4.31 billion in the fourth quarter of 2018. 2018 closed with an $8.87 billion deal volume, representing an increase of 8% over 2017.
News categories: S&P Global, Digital TV, Market Research, MnA, USA
Support for ATSC 3.0 announced at NAB Show New York
Oct 17, 2018 – At NAB Show New York, FOX Television Stations; NBC and Telemundo Owned Stations Group; Univision; TEGNA (for Pearl TV), and Nexstar Media Group (for SpectrumCo) announced their collaborative effort and support for the introduction of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Jack Abernethy, Valari Staab, Vince Sadusky, Dave Lougee, Perry Sook, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV