Digital TV News: Next Generation Broadcasting AB
Digital TV Labs' Receiver Quality Assurance for NGB's African DTT Rollouts
Jul 4, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has announced that it has been contracted by Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB), who operate under the Smart TV brand, to supply a DVB-T/T2 receiver conformance regime to assist the rollout of DTT services in select African markets.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Africa, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SMART TV DTT launches in Ghana
May 12, 2010 – Ghana has become the first African country to have SMART TV, a new digital terrestrial television service. The service was launched by Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) in collaboration with Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) with commercial roll-out expected in the coming weeks.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, SMART TV, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
NGB to partner with KBC to provide Digital Pay TV services in Kenya
Feb 15, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) has confirmed plans to enter the Kenyan market. NGB Kenya will launch its bouquet of Pay TV services under the brand name SMART TV using the latest digital TV service based on the MPEG 4 technology.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Digital TV broadcasting starts in Uganda
Nov 18, 2009 – Uganda has launched a digital terrestrial television (DTT) pilot project in Kampala involving 200 households. Up to seven channels are available to the viewers taking part in the trial.
News categories: Uganda Broadcasting Corp, Next Generation Broadcasting, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Uganda
Ghana Launches Digital Terrestrial Television Pilot
Nov 3, 2008 – The Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) in partnership with Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) has launched a digital television pilot project in Accra.
News categories: Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, Next Generation Broadcasting, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV