Digital TV News: Nickelodeon
ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
Sep 15, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has unveiled 'Paramount+' as the brand name for the company’s upcoming global streaming service. CBS All Access will be rebranded as Paramount+ in early 2021 as part of the service expansion.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish, Marc DeBevoise, Australia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
Aug 4, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) is to launch ViacomCBS EyeQ, a connected video advertising platform that will serve as a single transactional point of entry for digital video content from ViacomCBS’ portfolio of networks.
News categories: ViacomCBS, John Halley, David Lawenda, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Project OAR expands with Scripps and ViacomCBS
May 11, 2020 – The E.W. Scripps Company and an expanded group from ViacomCBS have joined Project OAR, the consortium working to recommend protocols for TV programmers and platforms to manage, sell and deliver advertising on smart TVs.
News categories: Project OAR, Scripps, ViacomCBS, Kerry Oslund, Mike Dean, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
ViacomCBS expands YouTube TV distribution agreement
May 7, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC) and Google have announced a distribution agreement to deliver more content from ViacomCBS’ portfolio of news, entertainment and sports networks for YouTube TV subscribers.
News categories: ViacomCBS, YouTube TV, Ray Hopkins, Lori Conkling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
Mar 26, 2020 – Wicket Labs has announced further funding from their current investor base. The $1.9m will accelerate the enhancement of Wicket Scorecard, the company's audience insights platform for media and entertainment companies.
News categories: Wicket Labs, WestRiver Group, Marty Roberts, Anthony Bontrager, Angela Cannon, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Venture Capital
Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
Nov 13, 2019 – Netflix and Nickelodeon have announced that they have made a deal to produce original animated feature films and television series - based both on the Nickelodeon library of characters as well as new IP - for kids and families around the world.
News categories: Netflix, Nickelodeon, Melissa Cobb, Brian Robbins, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Viacom and Virgin Media extend content partnership in multi-year agreement
Oct 7, 2019 – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) and Virgin Media have agreed a distribution deal in the UK and Ireland spanning TV channels, on-demand rights and new streaming applications. Virgin Media will add My5, Pluto TV and MTV Play to the app section of its UI for the first time.
News categories: Virgin Media, Viacom, David Bouchier, Arran Tindall, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK
SKY Fiber launches new speed plans and the Philippines' first all-in box
Sep 4, 2019 – SKY Fiber has announced an All-In Box to go with its new Super Speed broadband plans. The first of its kind in the Philippines, the device combines the power of a WiFi-enabled modem, digital terrestrial TV, and cable TV modem for total entertainment.
News categories: SKY Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
Aug 19, 2019 – ACCESS is acquiring from Viacom (VIMN) the right to make linear feeds of MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available in German-language for integration into in-car infotainment systems being developed by German car manufacturers.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Viacom, Dr Neale Foster, Raffaele Annecchino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Middleware
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution