Digital TV News: NovelSat
NovelSat unveils satellite video delivery solution for 4G/5G networks
Apr 30, 2019 – NovelSat has unveiled a satellite broadcast/multicast solution for the delivery of live TV and OTT video services. The satellite-to-mobile video solution =enables mobile service providers to roll out TV and video services on a large scale while optimizing network investment.
News categories: NovelSat, Gary Drutin, Lluc Palerm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
NovelSat introduces all-in-one satellite modulation, encoding and transcoding solution
Apr 3, 2019 – NovelSat has teamed up with igolgi to introduce NovelSat FUSION. FUSION integrates multi-stream video encoding and satellite modulation in a single transmit unit and satellite demodulation and multi-channel video transcoding in a single receive unit.
News categories: NovelSat, igolgi, Gary Drutin, Dr. Kumar Ramaswamy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, Worldwide
MEASAT, NovelSat and V-Nova show next generation UHD compression
Jun 25, 2018 – MEASAT has announced a showcase in collaboration with NovelSat and V-Nova to demonstrate cutting-edge compression for Ultra High Definition (UHD) primary distribution over satellite.
News categories: MEASAT, NovelSat, V-Nova, Raj Malik, Ronen Sadan, Guido Meardi, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
Silicon TV Tuners Value Expected to Reach US$ 750 Million in 2015
Aug 16, 2011 – The transition from older-style can-type tuners to silicon TV tuners finally began to occur in 2010. According to new In-Stat research, sales of silicon TV tuners will reach $750 million in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
NovelSat 3G-Sat NS3™ Modulation Solution Technology Increases Bandwidth Capacity By Up to 78%
Jul 19, 2011 – NovelSat has announced that its NS3™ satellite transmission modulation technology is now available worldwide. NS3™ increases satellite bandwidth by 20% to 55% over current DVB-S2 and DVB-S standards respectively for 36 MHz transponders.
News categories: NovelSat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite
NovelSat showcases 3rd Generation NS3 Technology for Satellite Transmission at Satellite 2011
Mar 14, 2011 – NovelSat has announced that at Satellite 2011 it will be showcasing NS3™, a 3rd generation satellite transmission technology designed to improve bandwidth capacity by 20% compared to DVB-S2.
News categories: NovelSat, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage