Digital TV News: Nuance Communications
Nuance Dragon TV powers Telecentro voice-enabled TV UI
Nov 7, 2018 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV platform brings new conversational AI capabilities to Telecentro’s TV service. Telecentro is the first provider in Latin America to deploy Dragon TV.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Telecentro, Adam Thibault, Alberto Pierri, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
Nuance' Dragon TV grows to one billion consumer interactions per month
Sep 13, 2018 – At IBC, Nuance Communications has announced that users are now interacting with its Dragon TV platform more than one billion times per month, demonstrating increasing affinity for voice-powered control in the home.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Adam Thibault, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, UX, Worldwide
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Nuance brings voice to Virgin Media cable TV in Ireland
Nov 9, 2017 – Liberty Global has integrated Nuance’s voice technology to allow Virgin Media subscribers in Ireland to search and access films and TV channels by simply clicking the microphone icon located in the Virgin Media TV Anywhere App and speaking into their smartphone microphone.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Virgin Media, Mark Giesbers, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smartphone, UX
Nuance and UEI bring conversational interface to yes DBS in Israel
Sep 19, 2017 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) and Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) have announced that they power the first conversational interface for Pay TV in Israel for yes. yes will launch their first voice-powered remote control in September 2017.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Universal Electronics, 'yes', Dan Faulkner, Menno Koopmans, Itzhak Elyakim, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, UX
Nuance Dragon TV powers Orange TV mobile app in France
Sep 8, 2016 – Nuance (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology is powering the Orange France Orange TV experience with its mobile app for Android and iOS, delivering the first voice-enabled trans-service IPTV experience in France.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Orange, Kenn Harper, Christian Bombrun, Apps, Digital TV, France, Mobile, UX
Nuance voice technology powers NOS STBs and remotes
Jun 7, 2016 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology will be deployed in NOS’s next generation set top boxes and remote controls, along with multiscreen services and applications for iOS and Android.
News categories: Nuance Communications, NOS, Kenn Harper, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
Nuance Dragon TV to Voice Enable Panasonic Digital TVs
Feb 27, 2012 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its voice technologies were adopted on Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) digital TVs to deliver an intuitive and interactive experience with digital program guides.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Panasonic, Middleware, MWC19, Smart TV
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA