Digital TV News: Nuance Communications
Nuance Dragon TV powers Telecentro voice-enabled TV UI
Nov 7, 2018 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV platform brings new conversational AI capabilities to Telecentro’s TV service. Telecentro is the first provider in Latin America to deploy Dragon TV.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Telecentro, Adam Thibault, Alberto Pierri, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
Nuance' Dragon TV grows to one billion consumer interactions per month
Sep 13, 2018 – At IBC, Nuance Communications has announced that users are now interacting with its Dragon TV platform more than one billion times per month, demonstrating increasing affinity for voice-powered control in the home.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Adam Thibault, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, UX, Worldwide
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Nuance brings voice to Virgin Media cable TV in Ireland
Nov 9, 2017 – Liberty Global has integrated Nuance’s voice technology to allow Virgin Media subscribers in Ireland to search and access films and TV channels by simply clicking the microphone icon located in the Virgin Media TV Anywhere App and speaking into their smartphone microphone.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Virgin Media, Mark Giesbers, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smartphone, UX
Nuance and UEI bring conversational interface to yes DBS in Israel
Sep 19, 2017 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) and Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) have announced that they power the first conversational interface for Pay TV in Israel for yes. yes will launch their first voice-powered remote control in September 2017.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Universal Electronics, 'yes', Dan Faulkner, Menno Koopmans, Itzhak Elyakim, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, UX
Nuance Dragon TV powers Orange TV mobile app in France
Sep 8, 2016 – Nuance (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology is powering the Orange France Orange TV experience with its mobile app for Android and iOS, delivering the first voice-enabled trans-service IPTV experience in France.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Orange, Kenn Harper, Christian Bombrun, Apps, Digital TV, France, Mobile, UX
Nuance voice technology powers NOS STBs and remotes
Jun 7, 2016 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology will be deployed in NOS’s next generation set top boxes and remote controls, along with multiscreen services and applications for iOS and Android.
News categories: Nuance Communications, NOS, Kenn Harper, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
Nuance Dragon TV to Voice Enable Panasonic Digital TVs
Feb 27, 2012 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its voice technologies were adopted on Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) digital TVs to deliver an intuitive and interactive experience with digital program guides.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Panasonic, Middleware, MWC19, Smart TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware