Digital TV News: Nuance Communications
Nuance Dragon TV powers Telecentro voice-enabled TV UI
Nov 7, 2018 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV platform brings new conversational AI capabilities to Telecentro’s TV service. Telecentro is the first provider in Latin America to deploy Dragon TV.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Telecentro, Adam Thibault, Alberto Pierri, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
Nuance' Dragon TV grows to one billion consumer interactions per month
Sep 13, 2018 – At IBC, Nuance Communications has announced that users are now interacting with its Dragon TV platform more than one billion times per month, demonstrating increasing affinity for voice-powered control in the home.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Adam Thibault, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2020, UX, Worldwide
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Nuance brings voice to Virgin Media cable TV in Ireland
Nov 9, 2017 – Liberty Global has integrated Nuance’s voice technology to allow Virgin Media subscribers in Ireland to search and access films and TV channels by simply clicking the microphone icon located in the Virgin Media TV Anywhere App and speaking into their smartphone microphone.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Virgin Media, Mark Giesbers, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smartphone, UX
Nuance and UEI bring conversational interface to yes DBS in Israel
Sep 19, 2017 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) and Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) have announced that they power the first conversational interface for Pay TV in Israel for yes. yes will launch their first voice-powered remote control in September 2017.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Universal Electronics, 'yes', Dan Faulkner, Menno Koopmans, Itzhak Elyakim, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, UX
Nuance Dragon TV powers Orange TV mobile app in France
Sep 8, 2016 – Nuance (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology is powering the Orange France Orange TV experience with its mobile app for Android and iOS, delivering the first voice-enabled trans-service IPTV experience in France.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Orange, Kenn Harper, Christian Bombrun, Apps, Digital TV, France, Mobile, UX
Nuance voice technology powers NOS STBs and remotes
Jun 7, 2016 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology will be deployed in NOS’s next generation set top boxes and remote controls, along with multiscreen services and applications for iOS and Android.
News categories: Nuance Communications, NOS, Kenn Harper, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
Nuance Dragon TV to Voice Enable Panasonic Digital TVs
Feb 27, 2012 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its voice technologies were adopted on Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) digital TVs to deliver an intuitive and interactive experience with digital program guides.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Panasonic, Middleware, MWC20, Smart TV
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey