Digital TV News: ONE Media
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 13, 2020 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) have announced Cast.era, a joint venture focused on cloud infrastructure for broadcasting, ultra-low latency over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting, and targeted advertising.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Kevin Gage, Lee Jong-min, Park Kyung-mo, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
ITU approves ATSC 3.0 as a recommended DTT standard
Jan 2, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) and ONE Media 3.0 have applauded the International Telecommunication Union's approval of ATSC 3.0 for use by any country in the world. The U.S. Delegation proposed ATSC 3.0 to the ITU in April 2019.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media 3.0, International Telecommunication Union, Christopher Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
MediaKind AV solution enables low latency for ABR delivered live content
Sep 10, 2019 – MediaKind is launching a low latency solution for delivering live content using ABR technology. The solution leverages ‘direct path’ technology between encoder and packager to reduce the time to move content from one media processing function to the next.
News categories: MediaKind, Richard Mansfield, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, Worldwide
ATSC 3.0 fixed and mobile performance field tested
Sep 3, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI), with partners ETRI, InterDigital and Technicolor has run live broadcast tests to validate the integration and quantify the performance of key advanced components of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Technicolor, InterDigital, ETRI, Mark Aitken, Thomas Bohan, Alan Stein, Sung-Ik Park, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
ONE Media 3.0 and Saankhya Labs to develop 5G broadcast offload platform
Jul 24, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI) and Saankhya Labs have partnered to accelerate the development of a 5G Next Generation Broadcast Offload platform. The platform will enable 4G and 5G wireless operators to offload OTT and live content dynamically on to broadcast DTT networks.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, ONE Media, Parag Naik, Mark Aitken, 5G, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, USA
U.S. proposes ATSC 3.0 as an international digital broadcast standard
Apr 8, 2019 – The U.S. has proposed to the ITU adoption of the ATSC 3.0 digital broadcast standard for use by all countries in the world. The proposal is the first major step in the evaluation process for worldwide acceptance of the standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, International Telecommunication Union, Jerald Fritz, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Worldwide
ONE Media and Saankhya show latest ATSC 3.0 demod ICs at CES2019
Jan 8, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (NASDAQ: SBGI) and Saankhya Labs in collaboration with VeriSilicon and Samsung Foundry have announced the successful launch of a multi-standard demodulator SoC supporting the ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Saankhya Labs, Samsung, VeriSilicon, Mark Aitken, Parag Naik, Hong Hao, Dr. Wayne Dai, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Korea, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5