Digital TV News: ONE Media
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 13, 2020 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) have announced Cast.era, a joint venture focused on cloud infrastructure for broadcasting, ultra-low latency over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting, and targeted advertising.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Kevin Gage, Lee Jong-min, Park Kyung-mo, Advertising, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
ITU approves ATSC 3.0 as a recommended DTT standard
Jan 2, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) and ONE Media 3.0 have applauded the International Telecommunication Union's approval of ATSC 3.0 for use by any country in the world. The U.S. Delegation proposed ATSC 3.0 to the ITU in April 2019.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media 3.0, International Telecommunication Union, Christopher Ripley, ATSC, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
MediaKind AV solution enables low latency for ABR delivered live content
Sep 10, 2019 – MediaKind is launching a low latency solution for delivering live content using ABR technology. The solution leverages ‘direct path’ technology between encoder and packager to reduce the time to move content from one media processing function to the next.
News categories: MediaKind, Richard Mansfield, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Worldwide
ATSC 3.0 fixed and mobile performance field tested
Sep 3, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI), with partners ETRI, InterDigital and Technicolor has run live broadcast tests to validate the integration and quantify the performance of key advanced components of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Technicolor, InterDigital, ETRI, Mark Aitken, Thomas Bohan, Alan Stein, Sung-Ik Park, ATSC, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
ONE Media 3.0 and Saankhya Labs to develop 5G broadcast offload platform
Jul 24, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI) and Saankhya Labs have partnered to accelerate the development of a 5G Next Generation Broadcast Offload platform. The platform will enable 4G and 5G wireless operators to offload OTT and live content dynamically on to broadcast DTT networks.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, ONE Media, Parag Naik, Mark Aitken, 5G, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, USA
U.S. proposes ATSC 3.0 as an international digital broadcast standard
Apr 8, 2019 – The U.S. has proposed to the ITU adoption of the ATSC 3.0 digital broadcast standard for use by all countries in the world. The proposal is the first major step in the evaluation process for worldwide acceptance of the standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, International Telecommunication Union, Jerald Fritz, ATSC, Digital TV, Worldwide
ONE Media and Saankhya show latest ATSC 3.0 demod ICs at CES2019
Jan 8, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (NASDAQ: SBGI) and Saankhya Labs in collaboration with VeriSilicon and Samsung Foundry have announced the successful launch of a multi-standard demodulator SoC supporting the ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Saankhya Labs, Samsung, VeriSilicon, Mark Aitken, Parag Naik, Hong Hao, Dr. Wayne Dai, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Korea, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA