Digital TV News: ONT
PanAccess’ Nigerian bouquet now on Amos-17
Feb 3, 2020 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that it is providing Ku-band capacity from its AMOS-17 communication satellite to PanAccess for broadcasting to Nigeria. PanAccess’ bouquet, originating in Germany, is broadcast from 17°E.
News categories: Spacecom, PanAccess, Eyal Altshuler, Roland Schlichting, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
Jan 23, 2020 – Tulix and Vidgo have given details of their technology platform for live sports streaming and other premium channels. Vidgo is a direct-to-consumer TV provider focusing on content acquisition and product marketing. Tulix provides the underlying technology.
News categories: Tulix, Vidgo, George Bokuchava, Shane Cannon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, USA
Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
Jan 16, 2020 – Bannister Lake has added MPEG-DASH support to its Chameleon data management product, including integrating DASH into its design tool that allows users to build graphic templates that incorporate multiple real-time and static data sources.
News categories: Bannister Lake, Georg Hentsch, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Walmart and Roku launch Smart TV lineup in Mexico
Dec 23, 2019 – Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) have announced the launch of an Atvio Roku TV lineup of smart TVs, exclusively available in Walmart stores in Mexico. Models will include a 32" HD screen, and a 50" and 55" UHD screen.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Arthur van Rest, Jesús Enrique Guzman Güereca, Digital TV, Licensing, Mexico, Middleware, Smart TV
TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
Dec 5, 2019 – TekSavvy and affiliate cable company Hastings Cable Vision have announced the launch of a Cloud PVR service and other advanced features. TekSavvy TV Cloud PVR works like a traditional PVR only now the customer can store their recorded content in the TekSavvy TV Cloud.
News categories: TekSavvy, Hastings Cable Vision, Jeremy McCarthy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Six in ten UK households use streaming services
Nov 27, 2019 – Six in ten households (61%) in the UK currently watch streaming services, rising to more than three quarters (77%) of 18- to 34-year-olds. More than four in ten (41%) over-55s also signed up to at least one provider, according to research from uSwitch.com.
News categories: uSwitch, Dani Warner, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
Oct 22, 2019 – Alticast has announced that it has formed a partnership with LowaSIS aimed at helping broadcast customers seamlessly make the transition to ATSC 3.0. Alticast’s client-side software will be pre-integrated onto LowaSIS's dongles, set-top-boxes and home-gateways.
News categories: Alticast, LowaSIS, Guy Charbonneau, Yongsuk Kim, ATSC, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video