Digital TV News: ORF
SmarDTV delivers CI Plus modules to ORF Austria
Jul 25, 2011 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has started shipping its latest SmarCAM-3 CI Plus modules into the Austrian retail market. The modules provide access to ORF and pay TV services, and services in the region relying on Irdeto (JSE: NPN) conditional access.
News categories: SmarDTV, Österreichischer Rundfunk, Irdeto, Austria, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ORS plans satellite pay TV service for Austria
Dec 10, 2010 – Broadcasting infrastructure company ORS (Österreichische Rundfunksender) has created a new company called ORS Comm to develop its own satellite pay TV service for Austria.
News categories: Österreichische Rundfunksender, Austria, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
M7 Group launches AustriaSat DTH
Sep 16, 2010 – Luxembourg's M7 Group will begin its AustriaSat digital satellite television service in Austria in October. The service will initially consist of 14 channels. High-definition channels are expected to be added in 2011.
News categories: AustriaSat, M7 Group, Österreichischer Rundfunk, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
HD Channels On ASTRA Increase By 30 Percent In Three Months
Oct 20, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the number of HD channels broadcast via the ASTRA Satellite System has increased significantly in the last three months. At the beginning of October, the number of HD channels reached 55.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Austria, Belgium, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Satellite, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, UK
DVB-H now available in all Austrian regional capitals
Aug 8, 2008 – DVB-H has expanded its coverage in Austria to include the greater areas of Bregenz, Eisenstadt, Graz, Linz and St. Pölten. MEDIA BROADCAST has supplied the regions Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Klagenfurt with DVB-H since early June 2008.
News categories: MEDIA&BROADCAST, Hutchison 3G, ONE, mobilkom, Austria, Digital TV, Mobile
ORF Starts HDTV Channel on ASTRA
Apr 17, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG), has announced the launch of ORF HD on ASTRA. The new channel will start broadcasting first of May and offer the complete program of ORF1 in HD format.
News categories: SES ASTRA, ORF, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite
Irdeto Secures Long-Term Content Security Contract with Österreichische Rundfunksender (ORS)
Apr 14, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced a multi-year conditional access (CA) contract with Österreichische Rundfunksender (ORS) to protect the Austrian national broadcaster's satellite broadcast network with the Irdeto Digital TV content security solution.
News categories: Irdeto, ORS Österreichische Rundfunksender, Austria, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite
Austria - DVB-H Brings 'Hit Radio Ö3', ORF 1 and ORF 2 to the A1 Mobile Phone
Feb 4, 2007 – In Kitzbühel, mobilkom austria, ORF ON, Ö3 and ORS presented DVB-H, the next generation of mobile TV.
News categories: mobilkom austria, Austria, Digital TV, Mobile
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic